We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Cup 2014 places to watch the Football In Antalya

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
World Cup 2014 places to watch the Football In Antalya

Hi,

My wife and I will be staying in Antalya from 12th - 17th June this year. I am English and my wife is German and upon booking we realized that our trip coincides with the football World Cup. As football fans we are really keen to see the games in which England and Germany play - the 1st problem is that the 1st England game in on a 1am in the morning on the 15th June (11.00pm 14th june UK time).

Does anybody know if there are many places in Anatalya where we will be able to watch the football?

I appreciate anybody's help on this.

Kind Regards

Peter

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
418 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World Cup 2014 places to watch the Football In Antalya

1 Nexxt sports bars ( there are 2 of them ) will show all the games.

2 Why not stay at home and be dissapointed. Its a long way and expensive to fly out to Turkey to

watch your team have an early exit , LOL

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: World Cup 2014 places to watch the Football In Antalya

Hi Scottie,

Thanks for your response. I think disappointment whilst on holiday outweighs disappointment at home ;)

Do you think the Nexxt sports bars will show the game at 01:00 in the morning?

Thanks

Pete

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,208 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: World Cup 2014 places to watch the Football In Antalya

Hi,

We were staying at the Titanic in the last World Cup and there was a brilliant atmosphere ~ the Dutch even put up orange bunting around their sunbeds & parasols ~ all the games were shown on a big screen but there wasn't the time difference back then ~ however the Turkish are a football loving nation

In 2012 we were staying at Delphin Diva during the European Championship and they assembled a massive screen by the pool and rows of seating ~ waiters brought trays of ready poured beers round

There was good banter between all nationalities

I'm unsure how the time difference will interfere

Good Luck!

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
418 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: World Cup 2014 places to watch the Football In Antalya

Hi Lizard,

like willsysurrey says the Turks are football mad and am sure that they will show

most of the games in the hotels.

Will send you a hankie for your tears when your team exit early.

Enjoy your hols.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: World Cup 2014 places to watch the Football In Antalya

Hi Thanks a lot for all your help. I will look at the titanic hotel. Any other recommendations would be really helpful.

6. Re: World Cup 2014 places to watch the Football In Antalya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 19, 2015