We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barut Lara or royal wings ?

wigan uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Barut Lara or royal wings ?

Oh my goodness. Me and my family have the turkey bug. We have been to the delphin palace and the voyage belek. This year we are looking at the royal wings or the barut Lara for our summer holiday. Our son is 8 yrs old. Can anyone please give any advise on these two hotels x

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barut Lara or royal wings ?

Can only tell you about the Barut Lara which just happens to be my favorite, I have not been to the royal wings so can't comment on a hotel I have not been to.

The Barut is the first drop off from the airport and is set well back from the main road, it is one of the older ones on the strip and is getting a refurb at the end of the year.

The service at the Barut is second to non, although it is expensive you do get excellent value for money in all area's, it has an excellent animation team with a dedicated children's team so your 8 year old will be well looked after, there is also a children's area, although it doesn't have the funfair and waterparks like some have it does have water slides etc but it's main feature is the excellent gardens where they do have an array of inflatable activities for young and old.

On the adult side of things you can use the Ala cartes as many times as you like, the animation team put on some excellent shows at night, the quality of food is very good,and of course you get a huge selection of branded drinks at no extra cost,and then there is the first class staff who really make this place the best and keep it at it's number one status.

Edited: 3:40 pm, October 19, 2013
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,360 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barut Lara or royal wings ?

Hi emma b

Once you get hooked on Turkey that is it !!

From your previous posts and wanting international drinks like JD and Jim Beam you would prefer the Barut lara ! So many included drinks there. We have toured the Royal Wings and this might appeal to your 8 year old more with the fun fair etc.We have however stayed at the newer sister hotel the Royal Holiday Palace and I think this might suit you better with the age of your child. At the RW you have to go to the front of the hotel for the Aqua Park and fun fair whereas at the RHP it is better located. Not quite the same Aqua Park though, great slides but not the wave pool and lazy river there.

Rooms are more spacious at the RHP and drink choice okay but your favourite tipples are not on the All Inclusive there. Smirnoff is though ! if you click on my username and look down to my RHP review there is a photo of the inclusive drinks there.

wigan uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barut Lara or royal wings ?

Thank you for your replies.

Toady.... I've looked at your review about the RHP and it sounds an amazing hotel. It's just that my other half only really drinks JD or Jim Beam and coz the price of the holiday for us is a lot ( 3 adults and a child , my 18 yr old daughter is coming with us ) we would really like these drinks to be on the all inclusive. I really want to get something booked today , I'm worried in case the best hotels get booked up especially with it being the summer holidays.

I'm also thinking of booking somewhere for a week at Easter ( around the 10th April ) have you been to turkey around this time coz I'm not sure what the weather will be like. And also will things b open or will it still be classed as the winter months ?

Thanks

Emma x

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barut Lara or royal wings ?

Hi Emma b.

On the drinks side of things that is where the Barut comes into it's own,that is why both Toady and myself go on about the branded drinks,we pay a fortune to go to these hotels we should not have to pay again,and it can easily add another £300 plus to the cost of your holiday per person.

We have been late April and the weather is pleasant but can be changeable, at the Barut most things are open but is weather dependant.

We always book early or you are left with the dearer rooms as they sell out quick.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,360 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barut Lara or royal wings ?

Hi emma

All I can say is the Barut lara is your best option as they have loads of international drinks included,. I do get slated along with Brian for mentioning branded drinks but the Barut is not much more than some of the hotels serving local or limited drinks choices and cheaper than others If your at an hotel for 2 weeks All Inclusive and you like a nice quality drink then best booking one that has what you like..Our son now 20 has always had a great time at the Barut Lara and we normally go at Easter.This Easter we are going to the Voyage Belek.for 2 weeks and he is coming with us. We would have preferred the Barut Lara but I missed out on flights and a good deal but happy enough as we got a great deal at the VB in a family room.

Weather can be hit and miss but usually very nice and we always get a nice tan ! This year was the first time in over10 years that we missed going at Easter.

The Barut lara is having a renovation over winter.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
691 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barut Lara or royal wings ?

Hi emma

I also am a huge fan of the Barut Lara and will be going for visit nunber 8 a week on Tuesday :)

We visited the Royal Wings when our son was about 12 and there is loads for the young ones, eg great water park, luna park with funfare, canoes and wave pool. But we then visited the Barut Lara and never looked back and have been going there every Easter since!!

Our son will be still coming with us next Easter and he will be celebrating his 20 th birthday just before we fly out on 14 April. It is an ideal place for teenagers and I am sure your daughter would love it, our son has made loads of friends over the years - including Toady's son who we will be missing again next year.

Not sure what the facilities will be like for your youngest son, as the refurb rumours are quite vague at the moment - the only thing we can be sure of is that they should be better!!! Hopefully when we visit next week I can get some more definate information.

Also we have had some fantastic weather at Easter, and the Baurt has an heated outdoor pool, whereas the Royal Wings pool was freezing.

Edited: 10:32 am, October 20, 2013
wigan uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Barut Lara or royal wings ?

Well, we have booked the barut for the 17th july for 2 week. We are in a family garden suite. Hope these are nice. I honestly cant wait now .

ta loads for helping us decide x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,360 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barut Lara or royal wings ?

Hi emma

Those rooms will have been renovated as they have re-designed the room layouts and nice quieter location.

You have a pool there and the Turunc Restaurant.

Just ask for your favourite tipple by the brand name and in no time they will know you and you will not need to ask !!

You have made the right choice for your eldest and the 8 year old will have fun with the kids club. Rumour has it they are adding more slides. There is so much open space so maybe take a football for him to have a kick about.I used to take one for our son !

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barut Lara or royal wings ?

Hi emma.

Excellent decision, hope you enjoy it as much as us Barutaholics.

Hi schoolholiday we are there for our seventh visit next may, nearly catching you and Ann.

Brian.

Oxon
Level Contributor
222 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barut Lara or royal wings ?

Emma you will love it - cannot comment on kids entertainment but rest of hotel is amazing!