We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beldibi, Antalya.

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Beldibi, Antalya.

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some info. My partner and I are thinking of booking the Paloma Renaissance Antalya in Beldibi for 2 weeks in early September. The hotel and countryside look beautiful!

Would anyone be able to advice me on a few questions:

1. Recommended bars and restaurants within walking distance of the resort? ie can we go our for dinner at night time?

2. Would anyone know of any excursions we can do to historical sites/beaches/villages/towns/cities/boat trips?

3.How far away is Antalya? Is it within walking distance? If not, best way to travel there?

4.Any recommendations on getting out and exploring?

*not massively keen on car hire, would prefer public transport or organised tour for extensive day trips.

Exploration and food are two of our great loves! To be able to explore a little and indulge in some of the areas local cuisine, especially seafood, would really make our holiday.

Any suggestions are very gratefully received.

cheshire
Level Contributor
424 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beldibi, Antalya.

Hi Bex,

The hotel and countryside is beautiful so peaceful and plenty of room in hotel

I was all inclusive which i think most people are at this hotel so didn't venture out for food , there is the odd restaurant in Beldibi but nothing to recommend.

The thomas cook rep has lots of trips and excursions to historical sites, cable car , boat trips etc plus shops across the road also offer similar trips out .

Antalya is about 45 mins away on the dolmus which stops outside hotel and is cheap way of getting about.

You also have Kemer 20 mins away and Goynuk 15 mins both have market days and bigger than Beldibi.

So you have dolmus on your door step and organised trips as well if needed - plenty to do ..

You can walk into Beldibi 10mins depends how far you want to go.

Large selection of restaurants in Kemer.

We went on the cable car trip a great day out plus lunch and visit to phaelsis (roman city) included

Turkish bath was good but beware they try and get you to have extra massages.

ian

Edited: 10:27 am, July 01, 2013
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beldibi, Antalya.

Hi Ian

Thanks for your info on the resort and surrounding area, its a great help. Much appreciated!

Anyone else with information and recomendations please feel free to post!

Antalya
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beldibi, Antalya.

Hotel is in Beldibi and there is no good choice of restaurant and dinner outside.All shops are selling fake thshirts and all touristy..If you want to visit Antalya,you need at least 7 or 8 hours and it is too easy to go there.Thomas cook rep is selling group tours mostly and private tour is so expensive.Antalya tours include leather or jewelery shops which is not reccommended unless you want to waste your time 2 hours in each shop. I can reccommend you to hire a car or take taxi to get to Antalya. Antalya Harbour and Old Town is beautiful.Antalya Archaeology Museum is one of the best in Turkey.You should also see the Watefall in Antalya center.I know a local company which organize private tours..

You can also visit Myra and it is only 1 hour from the hotel.Rock tombs,Roman Theatre,The Church of St.Nicholaus there..

Edited: 2:53 pm, July 07, 2013
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beldibi, Antalya.

You can get a local bus into Antalya from Beldibi. Well worth it for a day wandering around Kaleici (the old town). Make a day of it as there are loads of small restaurants and bars etc.

Closer is Goynuk Canyon a wonderful national park and part of the Lycian Way. You can spend a fabulously peaceful day there. Just 5 lira entrance but a bit more if you go through the waterfall etc. Small cafe offering snacks and drinks. Wonderful fresh water pools to swim in as well. I have added photos in the review section.

You could get a bus on the main road to Cirali or Olympos. Quite fun and these are quieter resorts with just small hotels and fairly unscathed by tourism.

If you fancy looking at another resort Kemer isn't too far by bus either.

Look at the local tour shops for excursions as they are a lot cheaper than the travel companies. OK you may go to a gold centre or similar but there is no obligation to buy. I always used it as an opportunity to stretch my legs and grab a coffee!!

5. Re: Beldibi, Antalya.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, July 12, 2013
Antalya
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Beldibi, Antalya.

Hi,

As a local person who lives in Antalya,I would like to give you the best advice.If it is your first visit to Antalya, you need to look at the places to visit before you go there.Old Town and Antalya is not easy to find when you get off the bus.Public buses from Göynük to Antalya do not go to Antalya Harbour but stopping at quite far from the center.You can not walk to the center when you get off the bus.It is too hot! You have to take another bus or taxi to get to the center.You have to see the Waterfall in Antalya (Lara district) when you get there.So you have to find how to get to fall and where to take a public bus.Antalya is too hot now and it is not easy to wait in bus station. The best way to see all places in Antalya is not a public bus but a private tour or hiring a car.

Edited: 4:09 am, July 13, 2013
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beldibi, Antalya.

As a local living and working here I suggested the OP got the bus not from Goynuk but there is local bus from Beldibi to Antalya. I suggested Goynuk as an alternative excursion from Beldibi and one that can be done quite easily by taxi or local bus.

Some people would rather not hire a car when abroad especially those of us used to driving on the left!!!!

Antalya
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Beldibi, Antalya.

As a local living and working here,local bus from Beldibi do not stop at the center and pass by Old Town and Harbour.That is the main thing.if you come to Antalya by bus,you should know know how to get to the center when you drop. That is important detail about how to get to Antalya from Beldibi and must be advised also when you suggest!!!

Edited: 10:00 am, July 13, 2013
wigan
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beldibi, Antalya.

My favorite hotel and Steph the Thomas Cook rep there (been there years) does cheap half and full day trips to Antalya air-con coach however you may have to stop for half hour at the fashion show and the gold shop (complete pain) but only half hour some tours do some dont so ask prior to booking the trip includes the lower falls and stops close to the harbor (I have walking difficulties and I did it much much closer than dolmus in private coach garage) also a lunch stop at local cafe (not included in price but nice and cheap) or driver will drop you at Macdonalds.

IMO worth it.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beldibi, Antalya.

If you take a bus from Beldibi ( or along the main road of the D-400 highway ) to the Antalya bus station and from there you can VERY EASİLY take the metro tram into the old city center..you will get off at the Ismet Paşa station and walk less than 5 minutes to the clock tower and that will start the entrance to the Old city area

map

…flickr.com/2730/4117047589_f8b153a85a_o.png

İsmetpaşa is the closest to the kaleiçi

a stop, just north of the intersection of İsmetpaşa Caddesi and Cumhuriyet Caddesi

here is a list of the bus lines in antalya

http://nevakit.com/otobus/antalya

Here is a link to the latest version of the Antalya bus map.

antalya.bel.tr/UploadedDocuments/AntalyaUlas…

please also read here ;

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297962-i772-k64…

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…tram.html

also you can visit rin and around Goynuk; There is a Dino park, Aerial park ( rope climbing etc ) ,

Antalya Aquarium , Antalya museum

Tahtali cable car ( olympos teleferik ) ..

historical places like Olympos and Phaselis and or the lovely beach at Cirali

. many people take a day trip to Demre, Myra and the sunken city of Simena ( Kekova - Ucagiz )

there are also lovely out of the way places like Kuzdere or Goynuk canyons where you can swim in the icy waterfalls and take a picnic lunch..again at least more than a good part of the day. Or the waterfalls at Ulupinar.

take a trip at night to the chimaera ( Yanartaş )..but dont do that on the same day that you visit the Olympos ruins as you will be tired from walking at it is too much in one day..