We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel choices-Antalya / Belek

Norwich, England
Level Contributor
278 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
hotel choices-Antalya / Belek

Hi guys,

Looking for some help choosing a hotel. There will be 2 adults & an 18 month old travelling.

We want to stay AI & not pay for branded drinks or al a carte restaurants.

Ideally thw hotel would have pool/beach waiters too so this adds to the luxury.

Although we're not going to spend all our time in the room we still want it to be nice & have a good standard of amenities.

Some small slides would be good too for the little one. Not overly bothered about a kids club but if the hotel has somewhere we can take him to play then that's a bonus.

Kind of narrowed down the hotels to:

Voyage belek

Gloria serenity (for swim up rooms)

Barut lara

Delphin palace/diva (although have read thst there's now restrictions on taking children into the al a cartes)

Royal wings

Limak lara

Can you guys give any further assistance or recommendations?

Many thanks

Norwich, England
Level Contributor
278 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel choices-Antalya / Belek

Should hsve said we're planning to travel early September.

Norwich, England
Level Contributor
278 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel choices-Antalya / Belek

Should have said we're planning to travel early September.

Edited: 3:50 am, February 20, 2013
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel choices-Antalya / Belek

On not really a fan of belek so I would say everything you want you will find at the Barut Lara, plus it's a very sort transfer from the airport.

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel choices-Antalya / Belek

Hi sun worshiper.

The only hotel I have been to on your list is the Barut Lara but as it is my favorite can highly recommended it.. it has the shortest transfer branded drinks to die for 5 or possibly 6 Ala cartes all included in the package a very good child's play area. You do not have to fight for sun beds.food is excellent, I could go on but I think you get my drift. It ticks all the boxes it is also not huge so service is again excellent.

Brian.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel choices-Antalya / Belek

It does seem the delphin palace have limited you to two of the a la crates now if you have children, but, the buffet is outstanding and had lots of fresh cooked meats and fish station s in it.

They have a toddler pool with its own slide s for the little ones. If the children are little older there is another pool with 5 full size slides and then the main activity pool and also a relax pool so plenty of choice.

The animation team do great shows and mini disco every night they have pop corn for the kids.

Round the pool they have waitresses on roller blades bringing you drinks and snacks and fruit are also brought to you.

There is also during the day at different times, jacket potato stands, pancake house, waffles, and kebab stands. The amount of food is unbelievable and 24/7

It's 24 hour ultra all inclusive and this means everything is included from branded drinks and bottled beers to the mini bar and room service between midnight and 06.00am. You wont have to spend a penny.

The bar on the pier is also fantastic for sunbathing with a breeze by day and they have musician s there at night.

There is a funfair every night for the kids to with mini ferris wheel, pirate ship and train..

It really does have everything you want. Our kids love it.

:-)

Norwich, England
Level Contributor
278 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel choices-Antalya / Belek

Thanks so far guys. I think we're leaning towards barut lara due to the dining options.

We're going to go for 2 weeks so might get quite board with just the buffet & 2 al a cartes at the delphin which is a shame as the funfair soubds like it'd be great fun for the little one.

Are the rooms at the barut lara all nice or are there specific room types repeat visitors go to?

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel choices-Antalya / Belek

Hi sun_worshiper..

At the Barut you usually get upgraded when you get there, we are repeat guests having been 5 times,we don't always take the upgrade as we like be in main building, in the main building are the double rooms, but if you want more space go for a residence as they have separate living room and bedroom. you get free wifi plus the usual extras such as dressing gowns slippers etc,although they do not have a funfair they do have a dedicated area which is supervised with cctv for the little ones. i would advise checking the Barut web site and taking the virtual tour. there is also a large grassed area ideal for playing on.

We are going to the Delphin Imperial in may but it will take a lot to better the Barut,i believe the service at the Barut is more personal as its a lot smaller in size and not as much in your face.

Brian.

Edited: 3:12 pm, February 20, 2013
Norwich, England
Level Contributor
278 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel choices-Antalya / Belek

Hi,

Do you know if it wouldwbe cheaper to upgrade room at time of booking or is it worth waiting until we get there to see if its offered for free or at least cheaper than booking here?

Thanks

Edited: 2:58 am, February 22, 2013
southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel choices-Antalya / Belek

Hi sunworshiper.

Not sure about that one , it may be worth contacting hotel, we travel as a couple so do not really need the extra room but apart from once we usually are offered the upgrade , another factor is how full the hotel is.I allways send an E-Mail before we go, not sure if that helps any

Brian.

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel choices-Antalya / Belek

I forgot to add ...the main reason the Barut has so many repeat guests is because of the quality of the service , generally they will bend over backwards to help.