We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodrum vs Antalya vs ?????

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Bodrum vs Antalya vs ?????

Hi everyone,

We are planning our trip to turkey for late march/early april and I previously posted that we would be going istanbul, cappadocia and Antalya. Now, I'm confused. I have people telling me it will be too cold to go down to the water around this time, others telling me that Bodrum will be warmer than Antalya, Side is better....I'm a bit lost.

Can anyone tell me if it's worth going down to the beach area for a few days in early April or if we should just skip this part and stick with Istanbul and Cappadocia. We are there for 10 nights. Or maybe people have other options or us for a third location?! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
651 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodrum vs Antalya vs ?????

tomorrow antalya warmer than bodrum

weatheronline.co.uk/weather/…

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodrum vs Antalya vs ?????

Must agree with Budystar Antalya area will be warmer than the Bodrum Peninsula at that time of year..

Wendy

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
418 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bodrum vs Antalya vs ?????

Was in Lara beach first 2 weeks in April 2012 and both pool and sea were cold.

Just grit your teeth and get in and after 10 mins it was ok.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bodrum vs Antalya vs ?????

If you have a look on the right hand side of the page under the "TOP QUESTİONS ABOUT ANTALYA"

you will find the post;

WEATHER - Some helpful hints and links

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297962-i772-k27…

have a read where I have posted the daily and 10 day forecasts for Antalya

as also be quoted above..the mediterranean ( antalya ) will be warmer than aegean ( bodrum )

the average temps for this time of the year will be around 20C. and yes the water will be nippy..if you are a heartly Canadian you might be able to enjoy it. I myself ( expat Calgarian ) recently was in south florida for mid-jan and mid feb and did swim even though it was cold at first once you got in. after that I did get use to it. . average sea temps in April for antalya will range from 18C-20C

If the weather is nice. You can sunbathing on the beach, however the sea will be cold. Some people go in though, just depends how brave you are! There will be people on the beach,

however antalya is not just a beach area..what are your interests..do you like hiking ? beautiful scenery. history etc ??

5. Re: Bodrum vs Antalya vs ?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 23, 2014