We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delphin Palace -kids restricted on using A la carte restaura

London
3 posts
Save Topic
Delphin Palace -kids restricted on using A la carte restaura

We've booked (2 adults + 1 child aged 8 yrs) to stay at the Delphin Palace for 2 weeks in July.

The travel agent has just told us that kids (under 15 years) can only use 2 (Ottoman & Blue Fish) of the 7 A la carte restaurants as well as the main buffet restaurant (Dolphino).

There was no mention of this restriction on the hotel website when we booked (also I've checked again and still couldn't see anything).

We've checked with the hotel and they have confirmed this a new policy.

Given Delphin Palace is marketed as a family hoteland indeed ranked #15 Family hotel in Turkey I'm both surprised and disappointed.

I could understand if they restricted say 2 out of the 7 restaurants, but to say kids can't eat in 5 of them seems a bit much.

Is anyone else aware of this restriction?

Do you know if it's a new Delphin 'group wide' policy? i.e are Delphin Imperial; Delphin Diva etc now operating a similar policy?

Does anyone know how stringently they monitor the restriction or do they turn a blind eye?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Portishead
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delphin Palace -kids restricted on using A la carte restaura

Hi Pam I'm afraid this is true and is a delphin wide policy that has been introduced this year and will apply in peak season. We are gutted as having visited the Diva last year have booked the Imperial for June this year ! I emailed the hotels on numerous occasions to clarify plus I have expressed how disappointed I am considering this is predominantly a family hotel. If you have a look in this forum you will see a number of threads where this new change is being discussed ... sorry I couldn't bring u better news :(

flintshire
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delphin Palace -kids restricted on using A la carte restaura

ive emailed the delphin palace too and been told this is true,went last year and loved it so booked again ,havnt been told as yet by travel agents whould not have known only for the forum,very dissappointed considering ive paid adult price for my 9 yr old but he is still not allowed to use the a la cartes

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delphin Palace -kids restricted on using A la carte restaura

Not sure why you ve paid adult price for your 9 year old. The adult age is 12 at the palace.

:-)

manchester
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Delphin Palace -kids restricted on using A la carte restaura

Hi ,

if you book with thomas cook child price is only up to age six at the delphins .

booking on their own website was up to age twelve but that has now risen to age fourteen now , assume thats to do with the new age restrictions for the a la cartes .

karen

London
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Delphin Palace -kids restricted on using A la carte restaura

Hi,

Thanks for your messages.

We've only paid a small deposit on our hotel booking (booked flights separately) and we're undecided as to whether cancel booking because of Delphin change in policy. Our travel agent is sympathetic as they realise it's a big policy change.

It's interesting to hear that Delphin are increasing their child age on the direct reservations page to be more in line with the age the kids can use the a la cartes.

We've paid almost an adult price for a child aged 8 and yet she's sharing our room, not drinking alcolhol and now not allowed to use most of the a la carte restaurants. Cheeky!

Having been to the Delphin Imperial twice before, the a la cartes are difficult enough to book in the first place, so I imagine the 2 a la cartes at the Delphin Palace that do allow kids will be nigh on impossible to book + heaving with kids if you do manage to get in!!

Thanks again,

Leicester, England...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Delphin Palace -kids restricted on using A la carte restaura

In the latest First Choice brochure it only states that the Fish a la carte is for children over 15 unless I have read it wrong. It would appear all the other a la cartes would be available to families and children under 15. I'll try and find out more.

Rochdale
Level Contributor
31 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delphin Palace -kids restricted on using A la carte restaura

Hi

I was just about to book Imperial for May with my husband, son aged 7 and baby aged 1 as we went last year. I confirmed with Fleetway and they called me back to say that Thomas cook who supply room to them, wouldnt allow the booking as my son was 7 years, children are only classed as children up to the age of 6 then it is full price.

I have contacted the hotel by telephone today and email and this is correct!

Not only that, but children are not, definitely NOT allowed in A LA CARTE restaurants ... see below email.

I am not booking this, we went last year and they were allowed and if I am paying for all these restaurants, I expect to be able to access them. I am absolutely fuming!

Any thoughts as to what to do next anyone?

Thank you very much for choosing to Delphin Hotels again,

Delphin Imperial is available for 2 nd of May , we accept children under 6 years old , I think there is a small missunderstanding.

We are not allowing for A’la Carte except Turkish and Fish under 15 years .

You can find the best rate in our website it is www.delphinhotel.com , there is a promotional rate in our website.

Best Regards

(Mss) Besim KAYGUSUZ

DELPHIN HOTELS

SALES & MARKETING

London, UK
Level Contributor
121 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delphin Palace -kids restricted on using A la carte restaura

We recently got a similar email from travel republic for delphini palace it wasn't in place when we booked the hotel last year but we are going beginning of april so think its too late to change.

Rochdale
Level Contributor
31 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delphin Palace -kids restricted on using A la carte restaura

I know, this is digusting, given that children over 6 years pay full price, don't drink alcohol and kids now cant eat a l carte, i feel they dont want to encourage families, strange given this is aimed at families. We went last year and were re booking, we have now booked elsewhere, with another hotel in Side, based on the fact they have similar faclities, child age is higher and they can eat in all a la carte restaurants. This is apparently the new delphin group policy, the travel agent should be able to change your holidays if it is a change to the brochure which you were not aware of when you booked.We would have been going twice this year, so the way I look at it is, their loss of 5k....will go somewhere my family is welcome. I am so annoyed.

Rochdale
Level Contributor
31 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delphin Palace -kids restricted on using A la carte restaura

It is not too late to change tgey have sent a letter advising of a MAJOR change to what you booked, thety have to allow you the option.