We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decisions

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Decisions

Looking for November 2013.

At the moment shortlist between the Voyage Belek Resort and Spa at £1347 for 2 or the Susesi at £1600 for 2.

any suggestions would be appreciated regarding location etc.

The branded drinks looks excellent at both as do the ala cartes so it comes down more to location ,the VB is no1 on TA and looks very nice as does the price.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
202 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decisions

Is that for 1 week or 2? Who are flying with as I always struggle to find flights in November. I'm booked in the VB in April so that would be my choice but I think the Susesi rooms are probably a little posher if that's what you are looking for. Depends what you are looking for out of the holiday x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,393 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decisions

Hi holidayblake,

No flights for us in the Midlands in November as i would dearly have loved the November flight from EMA again for early Novembe becauser.prices are excellent and we got superb weather. Brian can go from Manchester !

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decisions

Hi Holidayblake.

We are going for 2 weeks with Thomson,we have a £135 compensation voucher from them so will have to book with them or lose out,our personal choice would be the Susesi after a good recommendation from toady and it does look nice.but thomson do not go there any more.

we would also prefer there to be not so many children not that we don't like them but as a couple with grown ups and grandchildren its nice to get away from them.

we prefer branded drinks because my attitude is ...the price we pay for these hotels branded drinks should be included.

lanarkshire,scotland
Level Contributor
313 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decisions

Hi Brian

Maybe Thomson would allow you to use the compensation voucher at a later date - say for a holiday next year - That would allow you to book with any agent.

Hope you get booked up :)

Elaine

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decisions

Hi Elaine.

i checked the voucher and we can use them up to 18 months so are looking at other options we have found a good price for the susesi which Ann recomends and its a good price with the coop.i will keep looking till weekend when we will make our choice,it will be either Belek or Side ,belek hotels seem more luxury but Side seems more to do, decisions decisions!!

Brian.

lanarkshire,scotland
Level Contributor
313 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decisions

We stayed at the Crystal sunrise Queen In October 2010 - Unfortunately, we didn't enjoy the resort of Side or the hotel - We walked into the town along the promenade - It was worthwhile going to see the ruins - My hubby, Brian, is very interested in history. The hotel was very dated, the entertainment at night was virtually non-existent and the food really wasn't that great - Apart from the lovely meal we had in the Italian A La Carte.

We have only been to Belek once, but loved the Cornelia Deluxe and we would definitely go back to that area, rather than Side.

I do love shopping, but when I go on holiday I just want away from all the usual things I do at home and get lots of rest and relaxation :)

We would love to try the Susesi and The Cornelia Diamond :) They are on our list!

Something will turn up - Happy Hunting!!

Elaine

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,393 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decisions

Hi Elaine, not forgetting that the drinks were not great either at the Sunrise Queen !! lol Brilin/ Brian likes his Baileys Origional !

lanarkshire,scotland
Level Contributor
313 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decisions

Hi Ann

Yes, drinks weren't great either!! No Bacardi for us, the champagne was terrible and probably just local brand for Baileys :( I didn't do a review of this hotel and I should have - I'll never go to a new hotel and not do a review again!!

XX

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,393 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Decisions

Hi Elaine

Yes so can we expect a review of the Imperial from you before we go?? I know you will have plenty of nice things to say about the Imperial and will love it. xx

southport
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Decisions

It seems we all have excellent taste we look at the others but nothing compares to our favorite.....yet

I think we will try the Susesi ,was looking at the Kervansary!! next to the Barut.