We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at the Delphin Imperial !!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Live at the Delphin Imperial !!

Well we are here in our lovely Junior Suite at the Imperial and had a lovely day so far!

We arrived about 11.30am and was asked to come in half an hour after checking in and our room would be ready. Checking is 2pm so very pleased with this ! He said he gave us a lovely room which he has but on the 7th floor and my husband is scared of height but found a lift with a very short walk to the room. We have the biggest bath ever and lovely shower above !

We were so lucky as we were told book one day in advance for the Al a Carte but obviously no good when you have one night. A very nice Guest Relations guy from Germany squeezed us in the Greek Al a Carte for 8pm.

Today as been hotter and we sat on the lovely pier until 4.30pm having Mariachi beer or becks and service was good. The hotel is full and rocking whereas the Barut Lara seems quiet during the day but busier at night.

We think the pluses of the Barut Lara are the drinks choice cannot be matched here and some are with a charge although not sure yet which as the guy was not very good with the English language.

Plus for Barut is more English and English speaking staff !

Staff here are lovely and try but may have to ask another staff member to assist. Not a big issue though at all.

Service attentive and with a smile!

Food we have just had the pizza Kazcoop mentiones and a baked potato late afternoon.

Everything is open here so a big thumbs up for that. Pier is superb and all 3 Delphins have them open.

Going to the Greek and looks lovely so pleased we got in!

Our room overlooks towards the Diva so no eye sore to look at at all and in May we may feel like the poor relations in a standard room.lol

I will post more tomorrow as need to get ready !

Happy and content!

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live at the Delphin Imperial !!

Sounds fab Ann!

Have a great night, I look forward to hearing all about it.

Thanks for keeping us all updated, your a star!!

Diane x

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live at the Delphin Imperial !!

Hope you have got lots of photos

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live at the Delphin Imperial !!

Sorry I forgot to ask, if you get chance will you ask how much the Pavilions are to hire? I think someone said awhile ago they were 20euro but that seems very cheap!

You know I love my pavilions.....LOL

Thanks x

4. Re: Live at the Delphin Imperial !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:00 pm, November 06, 2012
Edited: 2:00 pm, November 06, 2012
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
575 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live at the Delphin Imperial !!

Hope you're having a great time!

Plymouth
Level Contributor
251 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live at the Delphin Imperial !!

Wow sounds fab! Hope your meal was good look forward to update tomorrow

lanarkshire,scotland
Level Contributor
313 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live at the Delphin Imperial !!

Hi Ann :)

Hope you and OH are having a fab time at the Imperial :) They'll be missing you at the Barut though! Lol!!

Hope you had Baklava for dessert - Yummy! My favourite!

Looking forward to hearing what you thought about it!

Love and hugs Elaine XX

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live at the Delphin Imperial !!

Hi All

Diane I will try to ask but taxi price quoted was around £20 but not asked about Imperial transfers yet,

Must admit we did not take much notice of pavillions but loads of the free ones dotted about it seemed.

Restaurant was beautiful but food not exactly Greek ! Service was good and not rushed. We had an early night but I cannot sleep! So just checking for messages from home !

Internet connection is good in this room and rooms seem quite sound proof as a family next door and not heard a peep ! We like the Irish bar and some football on last night and it seems to have food all the time in there to help yourself to! Loads of food options here.

I am just thinking should I order room service or not ! Air con is still on in November which is good.

There was a decent group on more aimed for the other Nationalities who love to dance and a nice atmosphere . Just popped my head in to the Disco when it opened at 11pm and a few people making there was there and some dancing.I think you need 2 weeks to find everything !! lol We have not heard one English voice here but then TC do not use this hotel in winter.The hotel is full.

Junior Suite is really nice and big.Only just noticing what is actually here in the room, and a Cafissimo gadget next to me!

umm no room service menu but is free from Midnight until 6am.

Elaine to sickly for my liking the Baklava !

Bakits daughter is adorable, he showed us photo's ! No Bonus anytime soon !

We have taken a few photo's !

I should try to get some sleep !

Sunnydays, kids would love it here, the ferris wheel is huge and lots for them. No that many children here other than pre-school ages !

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live at the Delphin Imperial !!

Thanks Toady for the taxi fare prices that's a good price, much cheaper than pre booking one online before we go!

The DI sounds lovely, I can't wait to hear how you compare it to the Barut which I know you love.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday at the Barut.

Diane x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,253 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live at the Delphin Imperial !!

Morning all !

Posted the drinks situation below

on other thread but more relevent to this hotel !

Diane the bali huts are 20 Euro on the beach but not the same as what you are talking about with the butler etc ! There are loads of free one's and the roller skating ladies bring drinks !

DELPHIN CONCEPT

I was a busy bee yesterday finding out about the drinks situation at the Imperial for you all and the mystery is solved.A very good friend and barman here at the Barut lara had given me a name of a man at the Imperial who is his friend the bar chief he said, but we did not intend to use it. Anyhow i explained to a nice barman over a coffee that we expected all the drinks includedso he then spoke to a very helpful guy who printed me a huge wad of bar prices ! I explained we are staying at the Barut lara and showed him the name that was written down He then said my chief is coming to meet you in 5 minutes He only turns out to be head of the Bars and Restaurants at the Imperial.

He was surprised that we only had the one night there but was saying I will look after you while your here but we explained we would be leaving after lunch.He speaks excellent English and I said I had expected drinks to be included like JD this was with patthedrum in mind, Hennesy etc so he said we have Red lable Balantines JB etc but yes there some charges for some but until the 1st November all drinks except certain champagnes and wines are included in summer. So hotel is now on winter concept but really still a very good choice. Several years ago they only had local drinks in winter.

He was here at the Barut when we first came in 2005 but has worked at the Palace until moving to the Imperial. We were given Imperial beach bags and hats and tea shirts as he saw my Barut lara bag!

Patthedrum would have been amused as the barman who was talking to us before all this and was previously at the Susesi and we had said we knew his face. We were chatting away and he mentioned the Buffalo Bill substitute there but now the Susesi is back at Ultra All Inclusive with the proper JD !!

Anyway everything will be fine in summer for those lucky enough to be going