We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute Barut questions

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lancs
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute Barut questions

Hi. Due to visit the Barut for the first time. Can anyone tell me if ALL the rooms have internet access and will we need to take a cable? Toady will know why Im asking this!!! How long is the walk to the beach if we dont take the buggy? The weather is still looking hot at the moment-are there plenty of sunbathing areas with good shade? What is the system for booking the a la cartes? Thanks.Recent reviews are GREAT!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,011 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute Barut questions

Hi westieman

All the roms have internet but the main hotel you need a cable, i would take your own but you can get them at reception. There is a charge after the free allowance. If he can get the hang of the Turkish key board there are about 5 free to use computers in the lobby area but your still using your allowance as you log in with your password. It is worst case scenario 10 lira if you use the max amount of useage.

It is a fair walk to the beach but flat and my 80 year old dad managed fine and he had heart related issues and had both knee replacements !

Plenty of loungers with shades and loads more on the beach and pool boys will assist you!

Al a Cartes easy to book at Guest Services and never long queues and no silly phone booking system at a set time. Just go along from 9am and not sure what time it will close as it changes but open a few hours.

You can book a couple of the Restaurants in advance but suggest you book your first day as you will probably not get in the first evening.We dined in Al a Cartes most evening of our 2 week stay at Easter.We never book on Turkish night in buffet as we love to try all the food we like !

Did you look on FB at the animation team page, they leave messages and info!

Edited: 3:58 am, October 17, 2012
lancs
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute Barut questions

Thanks Toady. Would love to bump into you at the Barut. You are always so helpful. Are you travelling with your husband and son?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,011 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute Barut questions

Hi westieman

No just my husband and I this holiday and going to be strange without him as he has always been with us on the previous 6 visits.

You will catch us around the pool bar around midday or late afternoon drinks if weather is nice or the lobby bar in the evening.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute Barut questions

I think if I rember rightly we leave the day after you arrive. If you hear the names Debbie and Phil, thats me and my husband. Our son is Sam. He is 15, blonde and taller than the pair of us! We will probably be in the lobby bar in the evening.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,011 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute Barut questions

ha!! Debbie we still might spot you as he might be on the computers!!

I doubt it has seems quite a few teens are going and sure he will be having a great time with them all !

I will ask Altan if he has a Sam in the group!

We arrive early hours of 4th as flight got changed but will be at the bar about 3am hopefully!! Well it will only be 1am for our body clocks and we always hit the bar for a couple when we arrive !! lol

I have a strong Bolton accent , even though we have lived in the Midlands 18 years.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute Barut questions

Haha. Thanks Toady. Must admit our son loved Turkey so much he hardly went on his laptop. We have a Wigan "up and under" accent. Gosh if I meet you I will feel I have met a celebrity!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,011 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute Barut questions

Hi westie

We will be related in abit, most of my family live in leigh/lowton as did I until I met my second husband.I was born in Bolton and lived in Kearsley as a child.

Have you see Linda's post she has 2 teens. I think Sam will not be on the laptop to much !!.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute Barut questions

Hi Toady. My husbands mum is from Lowton and his sister lives in Farnworth. We actually live in Hindley Green which is not too far from Leigh. We are probably long lost cousins. Haha. Will try to spot you when we are there. Be like the Real Radio Renagade. If you dont listen to the station you wont know what I mean!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,011 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last minute Barut questions

Hi Debbie

My husbands brother lives in farnworth and I used to live in Hindley Green at Cambourne drive in a detached bungalow.

No not heard of Real Radio Renagade!

Small world !

Yes hope to meet for a chat !

lancs
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last minute Barut questions

Hi Toady. Definitely a small world. Cambourne Drive is just up the road from me!