We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in Antalya

Glasgow
10 posts
Save Topic
New Year in Antalya

Help required please!!! We always usually go abroad for New Year last year we went to Egypt but I love Turkey so much its just a pity the weathers not too great. We have been pricing the likes of The Barut Lara and Royal Holiday palace for 1 week, to leave just after Christmas. Has anyone any info on New Year celebrations in Antalya Hotels and are there many British holidaymakers at this time ???

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year in Antalya

Hi Ding3

We stayed at the Barut Lara for Christmas and New Year 4 years ago this Christmas and had a great time. We did not get lucky with the weather but last couple of Christmas periods have been better.

On New Years Eve the Gala Dinner was really good and they seated different Nationalities together on tables. You had pre-dinner drinks in the hotel foyer with canapies then you could walk across to the conference centre where more drinks were offered and musicians playing. They then opened the doors and the tables were beautifully set and goodie bags on chairs. We had live music/DJ and belly dancer etc. They open the disco later so you can party until you drop ! We met Some lovely Scottish and English people and it was wonderful. People dress up and you would pay a small fortune elsewhere and all included. There was wine flowing and champagne/sparkling wine but they got my elderly dad brandy as he does not drink wine.There was a lovely atmosphere and we would love to go again but flights have been stopped from our local airport!

Be careful as some hotels charge a supplement for the Gala and not all hotels are Ulttra All Inclusive in winter!

Glasgow
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year in Antalya

Thank you Toady,

I have been to Barut Lara before and we loved it. I thought maybe The Royal Palace or Royal Wings would be more suitable as I have a 6 and 10 year old. My children were younger when we were last at the Barut Lara I can't remember what the facilities for older kids were. The other hotels seem to have more for the children and with no pool or slides outdoors they may get a little bored. If it was just the two of us the Barut Lara would already be booked!!!! I enjoyed The royal Wings too but it was in July and now really unsure going in January?? Your experience sounds just what we're looking for but would it be okay for my kids too?? x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year in Antalya

We stayed at the Royal Holiday Palace in february and loved it. I would still opt for the Barut lara as they have the pool that extends outside and people swam in there Christmas Day. if weather is nice the first pool has the chill taken off. New Year s Eve they had a special party for all the children with lots to entertain them. We were the only brits in february at the RHP.

You haave the dvd players for kids while you get ready and they show films in kids room. There is the cinema and they show one English film a day.The kids activities will be on .

The RHP does have an indoor bowling alley and games room and a nice kids club.

Glasgow
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year in Antalya

Thas it ....mind made up. Barut Lara here we come. I just needed an extra wee push there.

Thank you. x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year in Antalya

I am a tad jealous as we had such a nice time at Christmas there !

They do a lovely xmas decoration for the kids and have a tree etc.

However we are going 6 weeks on Saturday for 2 weeks for our 7th time !!

I will try to remember to ask what plans they have for this New Year!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year in Antalya

Hi Ding

Did you go to Turkey this summer? I remembered you asking and you seemed to have decided on the Voyage Belek, did you go there in the end?

Glasgow
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year in Antalya

Hi Toady,

Yes we did!!! Decided to try the Voyage in Belek. I thought it was great, but... here it comes......not a patch on the others I've been to..sorry. What the Voyage Belek do that the others don't however was Fantastic (the magnums, cans of fizzy drinks, foam party, I could go on) I just felt it missed a wee bit of grandure that the Hotels in Lara Beach have. Our room was a garden room very close to the pools etc so the location was spot on. The room was big, a seperate room for the kids BUT it was very basic and a bit grotty. If I could just take all the good points and put them into the Hilton in Dalaman I would holiday there forever. Would I return, yes but I would prefer the Barut Lara or the Hilton. Its such a pity the Hilton in Dalaman is closed over the winter period it would have made my New Year choice easier.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year in Antalya

Hi Ding

I was interested to hear your thoughts and no need to say sorry, we all like different things and the Voyage Belek is one we cancelled as I thought it was not for us!

What is it you like about the Hilton Dalaman? I have priced it several times but lack of decent drinks has stopped me booking but followed it for a long time.

My son once said when he was much younger that he was going to build a perfect hotel and take all the best bits out of hotels we have been to. ha ! I think most bits would be from the Barut Lara which has always been his favourite hotel.

I wonder have you looked for a future holiday at the Gural Premier in Tekirova, lovely area with beautiful mountain back drop? Tekirova was the first place in Turkey we went to 14 years ago when our son was 5 years old.

I have posted a link. The children facilities are superb and rooms are lovely.

Again not available in winter.

Dalaman area is cooler than Antalya and we stayed between Marmaris and Icmeler one Easter and was noticeably cooler.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297969-d1757…

Edited: 3:46 pm, September 17, 2012
Glasgow
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New Year in Antalya

Thank you very much for the link, its looks lovely and will definately look more into it maybe for next summer.

I just loved The Hilton Dalaman, the place is quite simply stunning. Its the first time I've ever been to a hotel and said this is just PERFECT!!! On our arrival we were given a tour of the rooms available so we could choose which option we preferred, a larger room or a smaller room with a better view. The restaurants were the best I've EVER eaten in especially the Italian. The snack bars and the main restaurant were also very impressive. I like a bit of "bling" and this place certainly has it. I could not say a bad thing about this hotel. My husband however felt it was a bit remote. He likes to go outside the hotel for a wander to nearby shops etc My kids loved it even though there was so much more for them in The Royal Wings they would go back to the Hilton in a second. Couldn't recommend it enough, if you like the Barut Lara you will LOVE The Hilton Dalaman.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Year in Antalya

Hi Ding

I had not looked for a while as like I say I had discounted the Hilton Dalaman because of the drinks but I decided to e-mail them today and they do have some international drinks included. I was very impressed with the speed of the reply that I got from them and the very politie way it was worded.

Emm another on my growing wish list !!

Did you have a standard room there?

The photos look amazing !