We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cizgi car rental was terrible

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Cizgi car rental was terrible

I, too, just returned from Turkey and rented with Cizgi. Cizgi=hellish experience. They gave me a van with 270,000km. It sounded horrid 3km from airport, but I thought I would just call from hotel (I had no map to their office). I never made it to the hotel. The battery died. My small children and I walked the last 3km to our hotel and arrived at 11:30pm. Cizgi woke me up and had me take them to the disabled car.

They blamed me for not having enough fuel in the vehicle. Apparently, in Turkey, a lack of fuel causes electric problems. Nonetheless, they still brought a battery with them because they probably knew the score.. How neat!! The new battery they brought with them as a replacement was too small, so they took the van and left me a tiny car with no fuel. They returned the van later than promised and it also lacked a/c.

The next day, the interior dash lights went out completely. They took the van, now full of diesel, and said they would give it back in 1 hour. Thirteen hours later, after numerous calls, they brought another van with no seat belts, which idled at 4300 rpm and had almost no fuel. The hotel staff told me not to drive it as it was dangerous.

Cizgi promised to return all my money and give me money for fuel. When they showed up, they gave me part of my rental money and nothing for fuel. Cizgi is not reliable, not prompt, and does not provide good service. Turns out they did not even own the first van and "did not know its problems." I paid cash and doubt I will ever get my money back and lost a week of holiday just sitting at my hotel. DO NOT USE CIZGI! Complete bait and switch scam artists. Fraud alert!!!!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cizgi car rental was terrible

hi there saw your bad review im sorry for this but please contact with this site and compilant

www.tursab.gov.tr

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cizgi car rental was terrible

Try this one:

www.tursab.org.tr/content/english/home/

Edited: 2:41 pm, April 12, 2010
runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
473 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cizgi car rental was terrible

I have emailed Cizgi making them aware of how unhappy you were with the service they offer, I have used and recommended this company for several years now.

I have informed them I will have no hesitation in stopping using the company unless they have a more robust complaints procedure.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cizgi car rental was terrible

I am actually surprized by the past couple of days and the complaints against Cigzi rent a car..and they have been one car rental that I have been recommending for awhile now..based on the members experiencing reported here on the Trip advisor and as well my own guests that have used their services...this is the first time I have read complaints about them....and I have been around the fourms since 2006..

You can also contact the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism:

TC Kultur ve Turizm Bakanligi

Atatürk Bulvari No:29

06050 Opera, Ankara - Turkey

kultur@kultur.gov.tr

Tel: +90 (312) 309 08 50

Fax: +90 (312) 312 43 59

Berkeley, California
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cizgi car rental was terrible

It saddens me to hear this, because my fiancee and I had nothing but the most positive experiences with Cizgi. Here's something I composed after our last trip to Turkey.

"CIZGI CAR RENTAL

We rave about Cizgi Car Rental. They're based in Antalya, but have offices around the country. My fiancee and I used Cizgi for our recent five-week trip to Turkey -- we rented a car from them for the entire five-week period -- and we were absolutely delighted with the service. They respond to email very diligently, all inquiries were answered very promptly, and both pick-up and drop-off went without a hitch. They'll even deliver and/or pick up the car at your hotel, if you provide them with the hotel name.

We did a bit of research in advance, and were initially a bit hesitant about using Cizgi, because their prices were so much better than anyone else's as to seem almost TOO low. But we need not have worried. The car was in perfect condition, and drove like a dream. Their cars even come with Turkey's OGS automatic toll-pay system installed, so you never need to pay with cash when driving on one of Turkey's super-modern toll roads.

And talk about attentive service. After my fiancee and I procured a Turkish cell phone number, I emailed Cizgi to give them the number--and when next I called them, their friendly female representative answered by greeting me by name: clearly she had entered my name and phone number into their caller ID, so they immediately knew it was me. It was a nice touch.

HIGHLY recommended."

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,523 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cizgi car rental was terrible

Sorry to hear about your car hire experience SharpTon, but was theoriginal breakdown actually down to a "battey failure" or a lack of fuel? Every rental car we have picked up in Turkey has been with virtually an empty tank - first thing you have to do is fill up. Did they fail to explain that to you?

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cizgi car rental was terrible

I have just returned from Antalya where I rented a car from Cizgi. I was a bit dubious when I booked but as they were by far the cheapest thought I would take a risk.

They were at the airport to meet us when we arrived even though it took over an hour to get our luggage. I had requested to pay by credit card but the rep had no machine but one turned up within 5 minutes, I had booked to pay in euros but they had to convert to Turkish Lira to pay by credit card, a bit strange but when I checked on return price was give or take about the same as I expected. I had booked a diesel Cleo but got a diesel Fiat Doblo. The car had a few knocks and dents but rep was happy to mark everything on hire form. All in all paperwork took less than 15 minutes and we were on our way. We did about 1000km in our 2 weeks, the car gave no troubles at all, started 1st time every time and drove perfectly. On return to the airport we were about 30 minutes early but the rep was waiting and just took the car from us and we were on our way.

So from our experience would have no problems with hiring again.

Level Contributor
477 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cizgi car rental was terrible

Langarth, did you return the car to the same location as hired? If not, did you have to pay dr charges? May I ask what the charges were? Also, one last question, do you have any estimate of your total car hire charges (including gas) for the two week period? Thanks so much.

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cizgi car rental was terrible

Yes we returned car to Antalya airport which is where we collected it from. I paid 560 TL for the 2 weeks, a petrol car is cheaper but I worked it out that as long as you did more than 600KM diesel would be cheaper in the long run. We used 180TL of diesel at about 3.08 per litre, Hope this helps

Level Contributor
477 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cizgi car rental was terrible

Langarth,

Thanks much for your help.