We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paloma Renaissance, Beldibi

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Paloma Renaissance, Beldibi

we are going end May for 2 weeks after reading very positive report from Toady. We also had stayed at the Susesi in Belek, which we loved but wanted something different for a 2 week stay, & the Renaissance seemed to give what we wanted.

No recent postings at all on Beldibi forum! Anyone else been there recently? Any good information for the area? As we are there for 2 weeks, would like to have a look around a little. Maybe one or two good organised trips, from hotel or locally based. Any info would be great, also re hotel

Thanks in advance

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paloma Renaissance, Beldibi

Good morning

We visited the Renaissance just before the re furb was implemented, and although we only gave it a 4 out of 5, that was for the rooms. They have now been refurbed to a high standard and are beautiful.

The Hotel is excellent. The a la cartes are to a high quality, lots of excellent choices, and the Turkish a la carte is Fab U Lous......Yummy, 2 stone heavier when you come out.

The quiet pool area is sublime, and there is a little towel hut to the side of this, so no trekking to the larger pool area. No bar at the quiet pool, but the bar is a 2 minute walk away, so no worries.The larger pool area has the swim up bar which is lovely, slides and pool games, good fun. A waiter walks round with cool face clothes during the day which is a nice touch.

The entertainment of an evening is ok, not the best not the worst, watchable and the animation team work very hard to please.

The reception area is beautiful, the staff are helpful and courteous and will do what they can to help you.

The main restaurant serves a very good selection of food, the surroundings are of a high standard, and the waiters are very good. The outside seating area at breakfast is at a premium, so get there early, to catch the morning rays.

The gardens, beach bar (which doubles as the fish a la carte and night time outdoor disco) is amazing, glorious views across the bay, and raised podiums with bean bags to sun bathe. The food served here is first class, and the waiters are very expert too.

Tennins courts available for the sporty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Mini bars and safes in rooms, so no worries at all.

Beldibi is a small town, turn right from the main entrance and walk for about 15 minutes and you will come to a few bars etc, but nothing in your face or rowdy. No more going on than in Belek really. Just as limited.

There are trips to Antalya, which you can do thru your rep or, just go it alone, very easy to do,

Go into Kemer too, which has a marina and lots of excellent shops, and has boat trips and water sports on offer..........very cosmopolitan.

If you choose this hotel, you will have made a good choice. Very beautiful surroundings, excellent staff, quality food, and near to other places to see what is out there, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Happy holidays

DLV

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paloma Renaissance, Beldibi

thanks for that really wonderfully descriptive reply!! that's just the sort of info I wanted & confirms what Toady said as well.

We are booked in for 2 weeks from 30th may, so hopefully the weather should be pretty good by then & less chance of rain, not like the weather here this weekend!!!

I'm sure your info will also be appreciated by others who may be going as well.

Personally, we are not bothered about evening entertainment too much. Somewhere nice to sit, enjoy a few (?!) drinks in the open air, & if there is some music in the background or perhaps a small disco-that's cool. We can't wait- 9 weeks on Sunday!!

Thanks again for all your info

Sara

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paloma Renaissance, Beldibi

Hi again DLV- should have asked about bathroom toiletries- are they good & plentyful? hoping not to have to bother bringing the essentials like shampoo/conditioner/shower gel.

I heard there was tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms-well supplied also??

Thanks again

Sara

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paloma Renaissance, Beldibi

The toilet facilities are adequate, not as good as some, better than others, take your own shampoo though..................always find my head itches with some they supply.......lol

The bathrooms are now brilliant, and very good showers too. We had a kettle and cups in the room, and we took the t bags and coffee satchets from the dining room each day to stock up...........lol. Bottled water for your brews is readily available, just grab bottles from the bar when needed.

Weather at the time you are going is superb, beautiful during the day, and a little cooler of an evening, easier to sleep, not the searing heat of July and August, and humidity is at a better level.

You will enjoy sitting on the terrace sipping a few glasses of your chosen poison, and they do have a good choice of international branded drinks too, the cocktails are ok, but you will have to try them all to find your favourite, Mmmmmmmmmmmm, good idea eh? lol

There are a few little shops across the road from the hotel, but a wander into the town is worth the walk, just to stretch your legs, and on a balmy early June evening is lovely.

You will have a wonderful time, just take all the sun screen from home, (very expensive at the hotel) and they do have a range of shops in the hotel, it is worth sitting in reception just to look at what some of the guests buy, I love people watching, and that in itself is sometimes very entertaining. (oh I am awful, but I like me...................ha ha )

Keep your after sun lotion in the fridge in your room, lovely after a shower, and very soothing.

Oh, and try the cheesecake at the beach bar at lunch time, the best I have eaten by far.......we shared one each day, very large portions, and I pretended I couldn't have eaten a full one.............(yeah right) just try it, scrummy.

Bother me as much as you like, Sara,no worries.

DLV

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paloma Renaissance, Beldibi

thanks DLV, once again great info/advice.

I'm also a great people watcher or as my husband says-downright nosey!

that cheesecake sounds good-I've promised myself not to eat too much at breakfast so I can justify a little something like that! (do I need to justify??!!). The food at the Susesi was also v.good & we ate most nights at the a la cartes. It feels like you're going out to eat every night rather than the same restaurant.We also love eating outside, so the hotel looks perfect. I'll let you know how the holiday was on our return.

Where are you going this year?

ps-already got my Piz Buin,nice idea about putting after sun in the fridge!! Next to the nail varnish of course!!!

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paloma Renaissance, Beldibi

Oh have a slice of cheesecake, just too scrumdiddlyumptious to resist.

I don't eat a lot at breakfast, usually fruit and toast, and about 25 cups of tea or coffee....................I have to watch what I eat cos of a few health problems, but it sure doesn't stop me from having a ball. I love Turkish food, and i can justify eating the lamb and fish and meatballs and kebabs and baclava and cheesecake cos it is so healthy...............That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Haven't been to the Susesi, just a little too big for us, we like to stick to the 450 room or below hotels, I have heard nothing but brilliant reports though, and the food is meant to be ab fab.

Our favourite hotel is the Rixos in Bodrum, in fact the Bodrum Peninsula is our favourite haunt in Turkey, we have been to Belek and Side 9 times, and we do love the ultra AI hotels there, but it is limited in Belek as to where you can wander, and it just got a bit samey for us. So, it's the Peninsula now for most of our holidays, and we are going the Voyage Torba in May, (10th) for 10 nights, then myself and my daughter and friends are going back there in September for a girly break for 10 nights, and me and him indoors are looking to go to either the Salmakis resort or back to the Rixos Bodrum late August early September, so bring it on.

Have got the Hilton in Dalaman in our sights for May next year, looks fab, but we are waiting for prices etc.

The Kefaluka Resort outside of Turgutreis is one that is on our list to do at some point, but again waiting for the 2011 brochures to go on sale.

If you like Belek for a holiday destination, give the Xanadu a go, it is superb, also the Rixos Premium, and a little talked about one with the Brits is the Papillon Ayscha, an absolute hidden Gem, and one I rate highly. Few Brits go to this one, apart from the golfers who go back year on year, but the service, entertainment and sheer beauty of the place, blew us away, and one that knocks spots off a few we have stayed at......honest.

Oh you are not nosey, just curious, I hide behing huge sunglasses, and pretend I am reading....I give myself away though, cos the book is usually upside down, and I keep laughing to myself, so other guests give me a wide berth, they must think I am some kind of deviant.................lol Do I care, not a lot.

Just have a ball, enjoy everything, and keep in touch

DLV (shirley)

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paloma Renaissance, Beldibi

Wow!! all those places to try!! & you've got lots to look forward to.

We only stayed at the Susesi for 1 week with friends , for a real chill & guess what? we never left the hotel! I was aware Belek was small & nothing around the hotel to explore, & that is also 1 of the mian reasons also for choosing another destination & Beldibi sounds more interesting.You are right about the size of the Susesi, it is huge, but it was still fantastic- a bit like visiting a big shopping mall & when inside doesn't feel too busy as there are so many areas to take up all the people (if that makes sense).

Will probably not be on line much now over Easter, family arriving soon (from your neck of the woods-Lancaster), little Grandaughter to keep me occupied!

Happy Easter Shirley & many thanks

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paloma Renaissance, Beldibi

You are very welcome Sara.

Have a wonderful Easter with your family, our grandaughter here over the weekend....

If I don't speak to you before our hols, then have a wonderful time, chill and enjoy everything about the Renaisance, a wonderful hotel.

I look forward to your comments on your return.

Take care

Shirley x

London
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paloma Renaissance, Beldibi

Hi

We're going to the Paloma Renaisance in August. It looks fantastic but is there a dress code for the restaurants ie can you wear smart shorts or do you have to wear long trousers?

Thanks

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,496 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paloma Renaissance, Beldibi

Hi ossie09,

Most hotels have a similar dress code which states long trousers for the Al a cartes but some bend the rules! I would take some but you can always nip back and change in to shorts afterwards! The Buffet you will be fine in dressy 3/4 shorts! The outdoor Al a cartes might be more relaxed on the rules!

Superb hotel and lovely food! Mexican down by the Ocean is fantastic and the Italian with the sound of the waves is superb! Try the Mariachi bottled beer in the Mexican, unusual but freshingly good! Only bottled beer at the hotel in the AI package! You can get Becks but at a charge! There is draught Becks in the Irish bar or there was last October which is included!

Edited: 5:16 am, June 06, 2010