We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Antalya Airport to Ole Deniz

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Antalya Airport to Ole Deniz

Hi, how long does it take to get to Ole Deniz from Antalya airport and how much would it cost. What would be the best way to do this as the flight lands at 1am.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya Airport
Antalya Airport
Antalya, Turkey
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Antalya Airport to Ole Deniz

It will be very expensive at that hour to get a transfer (over £100 at a guess). You'd be better off staying the night in Antalya and getting a bus in the morning to Fethiye (3+ hours, 15TL?), and then dolmuş to Ölüdeniz (3.5TL?).

I did it last June, but arriving in the day I took a taxi to the bus station straight away (40TL).

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Antalya Airport to Ole Deniz

It looks like we will be spending the night in Antalya, can somebody please tell me how much a taxi will cost from Antalya centre to go to Ole Deniz in the daytime.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Antalya Airport to Ole Deniz

David has answered your question very well..it will cost you a small forture to take a taxi from Antalya to Olu Deniz..

Take the bus..it will be just as good and far less expensive..like he has already advised.

Antalya to Fethiye (inland route via Korkuteli): 222 km (138 miles) E, 3.5 hours

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…index.html

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…distances.html

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…trans.html

I would guess about 225 TL minimum for a one way transfer by private shuttle

or by taxi 130 euros one way for 1-4 persons..

http://www.antalyaairporttaxi.net/

www.antalyaairporttaxi.net/index.php?ln=eng

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Herts, UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Antalya Airport to Ole Deniz

Were you not able to get a flight to Dalaman?

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Antalya Airport to Ole Deniz

2 of my friends have already booked flights to Antalya, there will be 3 of us going, we are looking to go to Antalya for Sunday night, then to Ole Deniz for 2 nights, then fly from Dalaman to Istanbul (2 nights) and then fly from Istanbul to Antalya and stay there for 2 nights. They have booked the flights but no hotels have yet been booked, I am still looking for my flight.

As we have a pretty packed schedule I thought it would be easier to go by taxi if it costs a little bit more but if it is going to cost a lot more then we will go by bus.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Antalya Airport to Ole Deniz

You are doing too much flying around in my opinion..may I ask then why you want to go out to Olu Deniz just for 2 nights..?? then fly to Istanbul for 2 nights and then fly again back to antalya for 2 nights ??

If I were you I would divide my time just between the Antalya area and Istanbul and leave Olu Deniz for another trip...

If you are looking for a nice beach in alternative to Olu Deniz..why not have a look at the beach in Cirali ..just 1 hour from Antalya..

Cirali is a great little village, nice clean beach and a mix of sand and pebbles, ruins of Olympos and the flames of "Chimaera" the world''s oldest and best-known natural "eternal flame".

No mass tourism or 5 star hotels. Just nice family own hotels and pansiyons. Small shops, quiet bars, restaurants, and no discos. It is more of a place for nature lovers and chilling out. It can be too quiet for some if you are looking for more in the way of and actiive nightlife..

my photos ;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

telegraph.co.uk/travel/artsandculture/529634…

also if you read this article "Turkey's hidden treasures"

and I quote ;

"You don't have to go to the Black Sea to escape the package-tour hordes. There are still plenty of spots along the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts that have escaped the onslaught of concrete, such as the tiny beachside villages of Adrasan and Çirali, either side of the ruined Roman city of Olympos, about 1 hours' drive west of Antalya.

Inch-for-inch, the stretch of coast between Adrasan and Olympos must be one of the most beautiful in the Mediterranean, with hidden bays and unbelievable water clarity."

From the Sunday Times...This article gives an overall impression of the Cirali and Olympos area including the beach, scenery and history..along with transportation and accommodations details.

Five secret holiday spots in the Med..to read the article just follow the links.

timesonline.co.uk/tol/…

timesonline.co.uk/tol/…

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Cirali
Cirali
Antalya Province, Turkey
Olympos
Olympos
Antalya Province, Turkey
Chimaera
Chimaera
928 Reviews
Cirali, Turkey
Adrasan
Adrasan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Antalya Airport to Ole Deniz

Thanks Canmom for the tip on Cirali, we would like to do this on a day trip, it is possible to hire a driver (with their vehicle) for the day and rougly how much would it cost?

On a day trip what would you recommend we see around the Cirali area?

Mentioned in this post
Cirali
Cirali
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,472 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Antalya Airport to Ole Deniz

Hi there,

my friends just took a taxi from Kayaköy to Bodrum as their flight was diverted without them knowing. The distance is about the same. So I will find out how much they payed.

Though the bus from Antalya to Fethiye is quite fast, it is either a coach or midi bus driving the shortest way over Korkuteli, a lovely mountain road.

Then from Fethiye you take a taxi to Ölüdeniz. The busses drive very frequent during the day.

Other friends did the Antalya overnight once, they were 2, and in the end they paid less than a taxiride from Dalaman to Kayaköy, so you can imagine it is worth to come by bus.

In case you wonder about all these friends I am a Dutch living in Turkey so every now and then I see my friends over here!

Ölüdeniz is lovely, you won't regret it, but I do agree it is a bit a shame you did not fly to Dalaman. The area has loads to offer, there is Fehtiye town, Kayaköy for a real non touristy rural village, nice day trips, good shopping, good restaurants, a biggest market of a large area.

Have a look to get some impression:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/villarhapsody/

Most of my pictures are from Fethiye - Kayaköy and the area.

Some other places were we traveled as well.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from Antalya Airport to Ole Deniz

Hi again MIB15,

you are welcome for the suggestion..my best advise to you is hire the car yourself and take the 1 hour drive from Atnalya to Cirali..the raods are good and well marked..and you dont need a driver..you can get their easily yourself..

however if you must hire a guide and or driver to visit Cirali or for any other organized trips from Atnalya you can not only read this post;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297962-i772-k1733…

I always recommend that you book your excursions or day trips with any of the many local travel agencies in Antalya..you will find the price usually cheaper than the package tour agents

there are many local agencies located in the old city center call the "Kaleiçi" or "Kale kapi"

Many things in Antalya you can visit without tours or can be accessed by local transportation etc..however I can recommend on agent here in Antalya..

Nirvana Travel and Tourism ( NTS travel )

00 90 242 2471048

00 90 532 793 6929

if calling locally

0 242 2471048

0 532 793 6929

ahmet.angel@hotmail.com

They are presently updating their web site but the office manager Ahmet Çimen is very helpful and is an excellent English and German speaker..you can contact him directly at the above email address or by phone.

Mentioned in this post
Cirali
Cirali
Antalya Province, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Nirvana Travel Tours
Nirvana Travel Tours
84 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
10. Re: Getting from Antalya Airport to Ole Deniz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, December 03, 2009