We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Wings and Smoking

northampton
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Royal Wings and Smoking

We are going to the Royal Wings first two weeks in July. does anyone know if they have banned smoking there yet. many thanks

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Wings and Smoking

I have emailed the hotel with the same question, I will post the reply here if I get one! We go for the first 2 weeks in August. Went to Lara Beach last year and they had banned smoking. They had notices up saying the law had changed in Turkey and it is in line with UK law. I have read somewhere that some hotels still allow smoking, so have asked for clarification. Hoping it is banned from our point of view!

northampton
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Wings and Smoking

Thanks very much for your help.

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Wings and Smoking

No reply yet from them....I'll give them a couple of days and try again! Went to Lara Beach last year and they were very quick about responding to emails, but it is only a couple f days and they may be waiting for an English speaker.

northampton
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Wings and Smoking

Thanks again, really appreciate your help.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,646 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Wings and Smoking

Hi

I would think that they have banned it indoors because their sister hotel the Royal Dragon has done so already! In any case the ban comes in to force in July.We went to the Cornelia at easter and it was already in place there and at xmas we stayed at the barut lara which still allowed it in the smoking section of the lobby and they also have banned it now!

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Wings and Smoking

That is good to hear. We went to Lara Beach last year and they had already banned it indoors, in all areas. Being non smokers that suited us. Still have not heard from them! As you say if their sister hotel has banned it, tthey are probably the same. Thanks for the info. Will post if I get a definitive reply.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Wings and Smoking

Hiya

Smoking was banned throughout Turkey in enclosed buildings as from 6 May 2008. A lot of Hotels do still allow smoking in outdoor eating areas, which is not too bad, and the 4 hotels we have visited since the ban was meant to be enforced were all smoke free indoors. And most Hotels do have tables outdoors that are for non smokers, so I am sure you will be fine.

Hope this helps.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,646 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Wings and Smoking

Tesstitura

Yes our thoughts to! We had our holiday marred by all the smokers at xmas/new year at the Barut Lara. We had no choice but to be inside at that time of year! Even though they had a separate smoking side it still wafted through!

At the Cornelia where we went for easter they have a VIP smokers bar and we had a peek and you could not see in for all the smoke!! It was lovely being able to sit in the lobby and not having to avoid the smoke!

The Royal Wings were very good at responding when I contacted them, I think with the amount of e-mails they must get the odd one slips through!I would try again,or pm someone who has been recently!

Swindon, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Wings and Smoking

I am going there tomorrow for a week and will let you know when we return, if you havent got a reply by then.

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
303 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Wings and Smoking

Hello Rowell, I am surprised the experts on Turkey haven't posted here yet, maybe they all missed your post.

Smoking has been banned in all Public buildings for some time and people have been fined. There is a further ban on smoking coming in on the 19th July 2009 in all other covered/walled buildings such as hotels, bars, supermarkets, shops and restaurants. I suppose that open air restaurants will still be smokey.

How well the ban will be policed is another matter of course, but it has got to be better not having to breathe in someone else's cigarette/cigar smoke which can easily drift 20 feet from where they are 'Enjoying' their habit and spoiling other people's evening.

Happy Smoke Free holiday

John