We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limak Lara for Christmas and New Year

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Limak Lara for Christmas and New Year

Hi

As we have now paid for our holiday we are counting down the weeks till we can get there! First time in Turkey and really looking forward to it, Who else will be there over the Christmas period, I am getting quite excited now looking forward to relaxing for 2 weeks.

Leanne

Glasgow
Level Contributor
688 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limak Lara for Christmas and New Year

Hi There

I am thinking about booking up to Turkey for New Year but cant seem to find any info on how lively it is and what there is to do. Could you give me some info on where you are staying and if you have been before??

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limak Lara for Christmas and New Year

Hi, we have never been to Turkey before but always go away for Xmas and New Year. We have 2 boys who are 17 and 12 and they normally meet people and have a good time but we are usually in Spain so I am hoping the same happens here, I'm sure it will. Limak Lara looks really good and seems to have good entertainment and activities day and evening, looking forward to no stress over Xmas and a relaxing time.

Thanks

leanne

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,088 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limak Lara for Christmas and New Year

Hi joleake,

You will be fine at the limak lara with your sons!! There is a big games area with bowling alley etc. and the indoor pool has a waterslide in it.Our son liked the limak lara and if you want take a laptop you can get free connection in the room.

We are frequent visitors to turkey but it is our first time for Xmas and New year and we are going to the Barut Lara with our 15 year old son!

We got a better rate of exchange at the limak than we did here and changed english notes to euro's there on our last few days when we ran out!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limak Lara for Christmas and New Year

Hi Toady

I am glad you liked Limak! We really wanted a change from Spain at Xmas so this is why we chose Turkey. There seems to be a lot of reviews on Holidaycheck website from lots of different nationalities but they all seem very good so I am not worried about the hotel at all just a bit apprehensive about chatting to other guests with the language barrier. I hate to feel that everyone has to speak english but I only know a bit of spanish and my husband and sons know some french but I am sure we will get by, and I do like to talk to people!

Hope you enjoy your holiday and make the most of Xmas with no cooking!

Thanks

leanne

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,088 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limak Lara for Christmas and New Year

Hi Leanne,

You will make friends via your sons no doubt and the staff at reception speak reasonable english.

Most waiter etc love to speak to the english to improve theirs and love to talk about football.

At least in Turkey you will have an indoor pool and the spa is very nice if that is your thing! We have been to the canaries at xmas and all the pools were freezing. The facilities at the 5 star hotels in turkey will surprise you and what you get for your money!!

Have a great time and like you say the best bit is no shopping for food and cooking over xmas!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,088 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Limak Lara for Christmas and New Year

Hi Leanne

I was meaning to say to you that if you like the look of any of the hotels for a future holiday, then most have a set time of day to view them and if you ask at the entance to any hotel you like they will tell you what time to go!! It is usually about 4pm at most.You sometimes need a passport or room key to leave at the security box!!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Limak Lara for Christmas and New Year

Hi Toady

Thanks for the info, it might be nice to go and be nosy in the other hotels, a good way of finding out which one might appeal to us for future holidays although we might wish we had chosen them instead of Limak! I did do a lot of research before we booked and we all liked the look of the duplex rooms at Limak, even if I am not spending too much time in there, so I am sure we made the right choice. Just got to hope the weather stays bright and we don't get much rain.

Leanne

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Limak Lara for Christmas and New Year

.....only 7 weeks to go!

9. Re: Limak Lara for Christmas and New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 10, 2009