We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair use in Antalya

aberdeen
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wheelchair use in Antalya

As a wheelchair user I will be visiting the Delphin Palace hotel on the 29 July 2007 and am taking my Electric scooter with me. I have been told that within the Delphin Palace access will not be a problem. The scooter is small and can easily fit into a car boot. So me and my party hope to go out and about in the Antalya area. Is the area flat and is there user friendly areas around for shopping and I also wish to see local attractions if possable . The Children in my party hope to swim with Dalphins for example. Any tips before I go will be helpfull. also if it is posted on the forum it will help other wheelchair users.

Mentioned in this post
Delphin Palace Hotel
Delphin Palace Hotel
1,700 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wheelchair use in Antalya

Hi remebill,

This is a bit hard because I do not what to give you any miss information. Over the years the city of Antalya has improved a great deal in providing access for wheelchair users. Soem places can tend to be flat and they have built low curbs for wheelchair access but not everywhere is wheeelchair friendly. Getting out and about in the old city center might be a bit more difficult but not totally impossible. I do believe however you will find most people very friendly and really willing to help you out in all special cases.

As for shopping the best place is the MMM Migros shopping center and yes it is wheelchair friendly and it even has handicapped parking.

The area of Konyaatli Beach park just down the road from the AquaLand and Dolphin park is flat and again no problems there. Also the children will like the Konyaalti Beach Park area as it has a few amusement park rides that you can go on.

Most likely the Antalya museum will be ok as well for sightseeing. Also the Karaaliolgu Park will be ok for wheelchairs to manover around. Also I would think that the Lara Beach Park ( as it is newly built ) should also be user friendly.

Any of the newer bulit up areas will be find to get around in but the older districts and ancient cities will be difficult. With a bit of patience I think you will have a great time.

As for the dolphin Park sorry to say that in my opinion it is a great deal of money to swim with the dolphins and is it really worth it??

Here is what I posted before;

Antalya's largest water park. They have daily shows for the kids and also do rehabilitation for special needs children with the animals.

dolphinwellness.com/dolphin_therapy_reservat…

I found one of my older posts about this topic for April of last year. So I would assume that the prices may vary for this year.

Cost for the 20 minute shows are as follows;

Adults - 17 YTL

children 3-12 14 TYL

Fotos with the dolphins - 20 YTL

and to swim with the dolphins 100 TYL

telephone; 0242 249 0900

I do not know how current these prices are. Check out this web site;

www.beachpark.com.tr/en/index.php?page=21

Take the kids across the street to visit the Mini-City ( minature park ) as you can read my review of that by clicking on my profile. Great day for the kids. Also you can visit Aktur amusement park across the street from the big MMM Migros shopping mall.

What historical areas in particular will you be interested to visit and then I can give you a more detailed description.

hope this helps

CanMom

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Konyaalti Beach
Konyaalti Beach
803 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
475 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Aktur Park
Aktur Park
74 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Antalya Migros Shopping Mall
Antalya Migros Shopping...
169 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
aberdeen
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wheelchair use in Antalya

Thank you for your help in this matter as we intend to have a full and memorable time in Lara Beach and Antalya Area. Ofcoarse because I am disabled we have to preplan everything. We are a large party of both adults and children. The Children and a couple of the Adults have their heart set on the Dolphin Swim and see this as the special treat nomatter the cost.

The other attractions we will try and see depending on the weather as long as it is not too hot.

Once again thank you for your input it is very helpfull anybody else with further info or advice would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
475 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wheelchair use in Antalya

Hi Remebill: I just wanted to add that the Turkish people are extremely helpful and caring when it comes to people with limitations. They will go out of their way to make your stay a great experience. Having had mobility problems in the past I can say that my time in Turkey was enhanced because someone always helped me over the rough spots. You will see that once you are there and of course do the dolphins, worth every penny. LemonLady

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
4. Re: Wheelchair use in Antalya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, September 03, 2009