We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coxsackie Virus

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Coxsackie Virus

Hello ,

Could someone advise what situation with Coxsackie virus at the moment? In some forums tourists reviews really bad. Loads of people sick. Our trip in Antalya next month, going with young age kids. Any advice?

Thanks

11 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Coxsackie Virus

I can see no news about this. Where do you get your info?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Coxsackie Virus

From facebook. In Eftalia Ocean hotel and Utopia. I even seen article in foreign media.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Coxsackie Virus

Still can't find any info.

What I do know is this: coxsackie is not endemic to Turkey. Much like malaria, it is brought into the country by foreign visitors. In a place like Antalya, with millions of tourists visiting each month, I imagine it is not impossible to encounter - though I still have seen no news.

You are, however, lucky. Coxsackie is quite contagious and if it should crop up, we will hear about it well before you are due to arrive.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Coxsackie Virus

There was an outbreak at a hotel but it was some time ago.

Please post links to the recent information you have found. We can then maybe search locally for more information.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Coxsackie Virus

https:/…

That’s a foreign media

Istanbul
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
127 reviews
6. Re: Coxsackie Virus

There is a virus alert at the link…

Anyhow, strangely Coxsackie virus mostly effected Russian tourists last year… Have not heard anything since than…. If there is an epidemic, it should be published in several places… I don’t trust a facebook page and its content…

Turkish...
Level Contributor
240 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Coxsackie Virus

Last information about this virus in Antalya, in turkish, I found from january this year...

It can happen in every resort...

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: Coxsackie Virus

It can happen anywhere at anytime like in schools, kindergartens etc. Often outbreaks in UK schools. I'm not actually sure what all the panic is about. OK yes it's not pleasant and really something you don't want on holiday but not terrifying either.

My personal thoughts are that the last outbreak probably came with the plane and its circulated air.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,658 posts
122 reviews
9. Re: Coxsackie Virus

Agree completely with vipfamily. It’s a common disease easily spread amongst young children, and not uncommon in schools and nursery’s in the UK. My young niece caught it at her nursery last year. It was not pleasant but no worse than any other childhood illness and she was only poorly for a couple of days.

Here’s the link to the NHS advice page

https:/…

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
1 post
1 review
10. Re: Coxsackie Virus

We (4 families with 1 child each, under 2) returned from Side, Sentido Turan Prince Hotel, on Friday, 21th.

Three of the kids got sick with hfm on the 3th day of our stay.

Reply to: Coxsackie Virus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted