We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antalyya in January and February

Goiania, GO
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Antalyya in January and February

I'm planning to stay in Antalya during these two months mentioned. Would it be expensive to spend time there? What about the internet service? I am an online teacher and I use skype for video calls constantly 5 times a day, therefore I really need good and reliable connection. Is it possible to find it there? I am not staying in hotels or whatever. I would be renting an apartment. Is Antalya a good city to have the turkish culture feel or is it exclusively touristic? I am taking turkish lessons (even though I am not going to be fluent by then, so I'll have to communicate in english) but I am also interested in having a turkish experience, is Antalya a good place for me? Or should I be looking somewhere else?

5 replies to this topic
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,488 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antalyya in January and February

Antalya is a working city as well as a very popular tourist destination. So you will get the Turkish feel there especially in the winter months when there are fewer tourists and everyone is going about their everyday activities. Internet connection will depend entirely on where you stay and what is provided there.

Everyone's idea of expensive varies so having a look at general prices to rent an apartment should give you an idea. Step away from the main attraction areas and you can live very cheaply. Local markets have a great selection of fruit and vegetables in season at low prices (as long as there hasn't been any very adverse weather that can wipe out the produce as it's growing).

Maybe decide on an area you will be staying in then come back and places can be suggested to you. However as you will be on Skype calls most of the day that will obviously limit your explorations.

Goiania, GO
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antalyya in January and February

Hello. Thanks for the reply. So, I just got the address of the apartment where I will be staying: Kışla, 37. Sokak

I am not the type of person who would go to restaurants or cafes everyday, maybe once a week. I already made a reservation of the apartment which was very cheap because it was for 1 whole month. But I was wondering if other things like supermarket and etc (activities that locals do) would be considered more expensive than in Istanbul or Izmir for Antalya is a beach city!

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,488 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antalyya in January and February

It is a beach city but very much a working city as well. Prices are the same as any where except in the obvious tourist orientated places. The location of the apartment is very convenient :o)

Goiania, GO
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antalyya in January and February

Right. What about internet in that area of the address? The owner of the apartment said that the internet is good but owners will always say that. In case it is not, what companies would you recommend for home wifi that provide a good service?

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,488 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antalyya in January and February

The internet should be fine there. I don't know which of the service providers the owner of the apartment subscribes to. Sometimes when there are storms the internet and/or electric go off but who the supplier is really does not make a difference. You would have difficulty taking out a contract for anything less than a year.

Reply to: Antalyya in January and February
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted