We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferries to north cyprus

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
ferries to north cyprus

we are coming in october to antalya and my parents want to visit kyrenia in cyprus from alanya . anyone out there know about ferries and connections. oh and did i say it needs to be quite hassle free? please!!

north cyprus
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferries to north cyprus

There is a fast catamaran that goes from Alanya to Kyrenia on thursdays and Mondays dut stops at the end of october. it takes 4 and a half hours and is reasonably priced. Returns from Kyrenia Wednesdays and Saturdays. Otherwise they could fly from Antalya for about 59 pounds each with cyprus turkish airlines.

UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferries to north cyprus

OK. It's easy. Check this, and look for Fergun Shipping: northcyprusonline.com/North-Cyprus-Online-Ho…

Fergun Shipping have their Alanya office in Iskele Caddesi, overlooking the harbour. I bought my ticket on July 27 this year. It cost 57.5TL. You need to add 10TL for harbour dues. The ferry is good, and there is a cafe on board. Your Luggage will be stored (safely) on deck.

Arrival in Girne is unpleasant. Be warned. Over 200 people off the boat crowded into an arrivals hall (passport contro) with just 3 immigration booths. On July 29 this year it was being refurbished and was in chaos. Waiting time, sweating profusely, was over an hour. It may be finished now. I hope so.

Incidentally, just 40m from Fergun's office in Alanya is a great hotel called Seaport Hotel. Reccomend this place. From hotel to the ferry dock is a very short walk down the slope. Easy.

There's a very good bus service from Antalya to Alanya. In Turkey bus stations are called Otogars. If you use the term it makes it easy for the taxi driver. Have a good one.

England
Level Contributor
5 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferries to north cyprus

I got the overnight boat from Tasucu to Girne a couple of weeks ago. While the boat was pretty horrible, the check-in at the other side was fairly trouble-free.

4. Re: ferries to north cyprus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Alanya
Recent Conversations
More Alanya Topics