We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alanya or Marmaris

Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Alanya or Marmaris

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can advise please. I am looking to go to tukey in August but can't decide between Marmaris and Alanya??

I have two teenage daughters who love shoppind and have heard that Marmaris is very good but was wondering what Alanya is like for Markets etc.,

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Alanya
Alanya
Antalya Province, Turkey
London, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Alanya or Marmaris

Thank you can't wait to read your review we are hoping to book the end of this month

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Alanya or Marmaris

Hi all,

Looking forward to reading that review too. I just love the whole area it really is my favourite part of Turkey. Hey Julie have you decided on the final place to stay yet?

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
London, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Alanya or Marmaris

noo not yet ! Hoping to book at the end of this month so I'm still looking at options because were going in October , I want some nice weather and shops restaurants still open

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Alanya or Marmaris

Julie,

Just sent you a private email that may be of help. Either way enjoy your break.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Alanya or Marmaris

Could anyone let me know what the weather is like mid october , will I get a tan lol thank you rosy

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Alanya or Marmaris

Could anyone tell me what the weather is like mid October is it hot . Will I get a tan lol. Thanks rosy x thinking of either alanya or calis beach but think the weather cold in cals beach ...?

Edited: 3:39 pm, August 22, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Alanya or Marmaris

absolutely yest for tanning, the sun just goes down a little earlier than in High season but you will still be there in sunshine and in the sea till 3 for warmth. Bring a jacket or pasmina for the evening as you w.ill feel the drop in temp more than others but still very pleasant. Enjoy

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Alanya or Marmaris

Thanks so much for the reply, that's excellent was so worried it was going to be cold or just warm, now I have to find the best value for money hotel but with comfort , any ideas ?? Near the beach ? Rosy x

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Alanya or Marmaris

Just sent you pm

20. Re: Alanya or Marmaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Alanya
More Alanya Topics