We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold City info

ESSEX
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Gold City info

Hello all at Tripadvisor I need a little help, Staying at GC for 14 nights arriving 15th Aug ( 2 adults 3 teenagers )Fly in to antalya airport ( GC transfers arranged ) Have only booked the accom 3 bed apartment in the hotel (private let)

Question 1. Is it worth upgrading to the breakfast option when I arrive or even consider the half board option, Ive read all Inc guests have not been happy. 2 How many restaurants are there and prices also what food shops are there on the complex and what are my options localy recommendations for local restaurants. 3 ATMs at gold city are they mastercard or visa? and did anyone have any trouble with mozzys and transport to alanya how far is it and how much!! thankyou to all that reply and any extra information you might think is useful fire away. Bob

united kingdom
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Gold City info

can anyone tell me what the one bed appartments are like? and how far they are from the actual hotel area for buffet breakfast?! also does anyone have any pics of the actual apartment villas? thanks

united kingdom
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Gold City info

which spa and fitness facilities are included in the stay at the gold city complex? and is it usually busy during june? thanks for all your help

Corby, Northants
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gold City info

Hi Saniaa, we stayed in a one bed apartment last year and are returning this year to stay in a two bed penthouse. Apartment was really nice - large bedroom and lounge with a bed settee. Kitchen was adequately equipped with all that you'd need.

Can't say how far away you would be as the complex is huge. If you havent booked a specific apartment, email the hotel and ask for one close to the main complex, we did that last year and were no more than a couple of minutes walk away.

You can look on the official website for the hotel for photos, search Goldcity on Google.

All spa facilities are free, but you have to pay for treatments such as massages - it was expensive. We went to European Beauty in Mahmutlar, the nearby town. Their prices were really good and they come and pick you up at the hotel and drop you off again when you are done. Again, search for them on Google, all the prices are listed.

We were there in August last year and it was always easy to get a sunbed etc. so hopefully June should be the same.

Let me know if you need any more info., John

surrey, england
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gold City info

Hi wondered if you could help with the cost of the drinks at Gold City there are 5 of us going 2 adults and 3 children, wanted to know the cost of soft drinks and icecreams in the hotel. By the way your review was really helpful

Corby, Northants
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Gold City info

Hi, thanks glad you found the info. useful.

Drinks are fairly expensive from memory, about £2-3 for a coke or similar. They are slightly cheaper if you buy them in the mini market on site. Again though, it's not as cheap there as it would be if you bought them in Mahmutlar. Ice creams worked out about the same as here at the hotel, but were cheaper elsewhere.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

surrey, england
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Gold City info

Hi many thanks for your reply. How far is Mahmutlar from the hote and how much would a cab cost? thanks for your help

Corby, Northants
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Gold City info

Mahmutlar is about a 10 minute drive away. The hotel bus leaves about three times per day. I don't know how much a cab would be. However, most restaurants there will give you a lift back if you ask. Check with them before you sit down for your meal.

England
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Gold City info

Hello..just a little tip regarding going to Mahmutlar to stock up your fridge/cupboards. If you get the GC bus that is going to Alanya and ask the driver to drop you off on Mahmutlar he will be happy to do so. I have a villa in GC and I always go to Mahmutlar to do a big shop. I get dropped off by the bus and get a taxi back which costs approximately £10 but the savings you make in the supermarkets in Mahmutlar makes up for this. For example GC supermarket sell big bottles of water for around £2 and the same bottled water was for sale in Mahmutlar for 40p!! Another tip is to take a cool bag and a couple of ice packs with you, the soft drinks are much cheaper in the supermarkets in Mahmutlar so I would buy lots of these and use the cool bag at the poolside rather than use the bar or the mini-mart on the complex. I believe all the apartments have fridge-freezers so you can easily re-freeze your ice packs for each day. Only 8 more weeks before I am on my way.....can't wait :0)

19. Re: Gold City info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Alanya
Recent Conversations
More Alanya Topics