We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos

Which Alanya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southport, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos

Am travelling to Alanya on 21st June and wanting to know what the mosquito situation is (if any) Got eaten alive in The Gambia in April and want to be prepared this time!

alanya
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos

hi alanya belidye (townhall) spray the town regularly at night.

even so they can be a nuisance. the best repellant is Sinkov

you can get it at any corner shop. i spray before i go out especially ankles! and have a look round your room before you go to bed...they're active dusk to dawn.

�� think they are worse later on in the year.

whereabouts in Alanya are you staying...the Mahmutlar area gets more probs with the pests than Alanya central.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos

Hi there

We are staying at the Club Mermaid, outside the town I believe?

alanya
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitos

yes the mermaid club is quite a way outside of Alanya in incekum. incekum beach is super..but i think its a way off the hotel...5 or 6oo metres. taxi to Alanya will be expensive but busses run regularly and are cheap...from there about 2ytl about 80 pence. you are near to Konakli and there is a good disco there if you are into nightlife.called Summer Garden.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitos

Hi Shirleyann

I believe your husband is a taxi driver? What does it cost for a return transfer from Antalya airport to Alanya?

alanya
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitos

hi Sandra yusuf charges 75 euros which is about 50 pound and is normal but if you can get a few people together then its not bad cos his taxi is a 12 seater.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitos

Hi Shirleyann

Is that one way or return?

Incekum
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitos

Hi Sarandreath,

it is 60 Euro(one way), from Antalya Airport to Alanya by our taxi(6 people). if you want, contact us venessa@incekum.web.tr

alanya
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitos

hi sarandreath...i gave the taxi fare from alanya ..from the Mermaid where you are staying VNSS is giving the right price.

But we have a big comfortable taxi and alao dp tours. As i said i am from England and speak Turkish so if you need anything at all while you are here let me know...pleased to help you.

Incekum
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquitos

Hi Sarandreath

Antalya Airport - Mermaid Hotel, return price is 110 Euro

our car also comfortable, with Air Conditioner and refrigerator. we have free drink service.

venessa@incekum.web.tr

scotland
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mosquitos

hi sanda, we went to alanya last year twice! the mozzies are shocking so buy a reppelent with deet in it. you will get it in boots. you are going on my birthday so have a drink for me and have a great time. ellie

Get answers to your questions about Alanya
More Alanya Topics