We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Marmaris, Turkey
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

Hi, we have booked flights to Antalya for July next year, and we are two familys, so a total of 9, but we have no idea where to stay. We want a lovely hotel, but we also would like the hotel by shopping centres and markets if possible, so we can go for a walk and shop. But iv been told that Side is miles away from any where, and so is Belek, can anyone give me any help in which area's to stay in, which is local to shops.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Belek
Belek
Serik District, Turkey
2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Hi Stephi23,

You've posted your question on the Alanya forum, but are asking about Side and Belek? Did you mean to put it on the Antalya forum? I can advice you on Side and Belek but haven't been to Alanya.

Anyway, I'm not sure why you've been told that Side is miles from anywhere as that's not true. Side would probably be a good choice for you if you like to get out and about. There is a beautiful harbour, loads of shops , bars and restaurant, as well as the stunning ancient ruins of Apollos temple and the Greek Amphitheater. There are loads of hotels from luxury 5* All inclusive to small B&Bs, and it has Turkeys 2nd longest beach! There is a promenade where you can walk into town from many of the beach fronted hotels, or any hotels further out are serviced by plenty of taxis or regular buses. There is a weekly market and also it is near to the town of Manavgat that also has a market.

Belek is more geared up for AI hotels and golf. The town is more just shops than bars and restaurants (due to the AIs) but it does also have a weekly market. There is also Lara beach, which is closest to the airport, but again just a strip of very impressive AI hotels and tourist shops but not much else to get out to.

Side is about a 1 hour transfer from the airport, Belek about 40 mins, Lara beach 25 mins and Alanya is 2 hours. There are other resorts to consider on the west side of Antalya, like Kemer, Tekirova and Beldibi.

Once you've picked an area it would probably be best to post on that areas forum for advice on particular hotels. If you say what's important to you in a hotel that'll help people narrow down your search.

Good luck,

Em

Mentioned in this post
Alanya
Alanya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Belek
Belek
Serik District, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Greek Amphitheater
Greek Amphitheater
2,615 Reviews
Side, Turkey
Manavgat
Manavgat
Antalya Province, Turkey
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
506 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Kemer
Kemer
Antalya Province, Turkey
Tekirova
Tekirova
Kemer, Turkey
Beldibi
Beldibi
Kemer, Turkey
south shields
Level Contributor
594 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Depending on your budget, I prefer Alanya to Side. Side is very hilly and Alanya is level comparing the two. I always book budget hotels. Last twice Stayed at Karat Hotel Alanya. Clean and very Cheap ALL INCLUSIVE. Really central, 10 minutes walk to harbour 15 minutes to Kleopatra Beach, 5mins walk to Bazaar and Dolmus station. On a busy road. As I have said this is a budget hotel but Central. My review of this hotel is on Trip Advisor.

Mentioned in this post
Alanya
Alanya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Kleopatra Beach
Kleopatra Beach
3,839 Reviews
Alanya, Turkey
Reply to: Where to stay