We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marhaba palace/ iberostar diar el andalous/seabel Alhambra??

Which Port El Kantaoui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Marhaba palace/ iberostar diar el andalous/seabel Alhambra??

I'm torn between these 3 and no matter how many reviews I look at cannot decide!! There'll be my husband, me and our 18 month old, mother and father in law, sister and brother in law and their 8 year old. So need somewhere child friendly, varied food, sister wants at least 1 a la carte restaurant, hubby wants bars and restaurants within walking distance for the odd nights out, mother wants a beach, I want a child friendly pool, half decent evening entertainment and a clean hotel! So as you can see a lot of people to please!! Any comments advice or suggestions anyone can give would be hugely appreciated!!!!

Also we are going the last week of September first week of October and see a lot of the hotels say air con is only up to mid September! With a little one I would prefer air con for the evenings at least, is this common in all tunisia hotels and do they stick to it???

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,115 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marhaba palace/ iberostar diar el andalous/seabel Alhambra??

Don't know these hotels ,Heard of them but about the A/C we was in Tunisia in September for two weeks and it overlapped into October. We had A/C the whole of the time we were there. And it was needed temps into the 37 c

Edited: 11:12 am, February 22, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marhaba palace/ iberostar diar el andalous/seabel Alhambra??

Thank you for your reply I appreciate it. What hotel did you stay at if you don't mind me asking?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,115 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marhaba palace/ iberostar diar el andalous/seabel Alhambra??

We stayed at the Dessole Abou Sofiane Resort. The reviews before we booked it were very good but towards the holiday they really went down hill fast and we got a bit nervous. But when arriving we found it quite nice and had a very good time and came back with a very good tan. I met people that have been 19 times to this hotel. I would go back but trying a different hotel as I got another good deal on my partners birthday ( Present ) were going here and has some very good reviews on T/A ClubHotel Riu Bellevue Park

London, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marhaba palace/ iberostar diar el andalous/seabel Alhambra??

Hmm just looked at the Bellevue it's not one id looked at before and looks very nice! Not sure if it's going to be child friendly though as it's a platinum on Thomson and I always think of platinum hotels being for adults only

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,115 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marhaba palace/ iberostar diar el andalous/seabel Alhambra??

I have read many reviews and they go on about children being in the hotel. I personally don't mind children being around as long as they behave. There is also many reviews on T/A from families

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,115 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marhaba palace/ iberostar diar el andalous/seabel Alhambra??

One review in the family reviews say the waiters sang happy Birthday to their Grand daughter

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marhaba palace/ iberostar diar el andalous/seabel Alhambra??

I do believe Riu Bellvue is being sold as adult only now.

I cant recommend The Marhaba Palace highly enough.

No slides at the pool but there is a kiddies pool and the animation guys will look after the little one.

Irish bar across the road , no guiness tho, lol.

Nearest hotel to the marina too with lots of restaurants and cafes etc,

Love the place i do. Stayed twice in 8 months.

Julie

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marhaba palace/ iberostar diar el andalous/seabel Alhambra??

Kateturkeyhol,

Went for a walk north along the beach yesterday. The Iberostar has the best beach area of the three hotels you mention. El Mouradi Club El Kantaoui and Royal Kenz - both beach hotels as well - also have good beach areas. Kanta Hotel - not on the beach - has the worst beach area by far.

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marhaba palace/ iberostar diar el andalous/seabel Alhambra??

John

Walking on the beach now and looking at the parts that belong to hotels you really cant compare this time of year to be honest.

I stayed at The Marhaba Palace in April and the beach was beautiful and so was the El Mouradi Club.

They cleaned the beach twice a day when i stayed from 17th April, December when i stayed it had a lot of seaweed.

This time of year you really dont get the guests using the beach like you would from April to October.

Julie

London, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marhaba palace/ iberostar diar el andalous/seabel Alhambra??

Fab you've all been really helpful! Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations