We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Tunisia

West Midlands
Level Contributor
202 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
New to Tunisia

Hi All

I usually holiday in Turkey and have stopped at some lovely 5* AI there over the past few years however we now fancy Tunisia and haven't a clue where to start looking. Can anybody suggest a nice hotel please that wont disappoint with some good food. Also are the AI 12 or 24 hours?

Any advice would be appreciated x

Djerba Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Tunisia

There are many great hotels here. Sousse, and Hammamet, are great places to start looking. However, if you are looking for 5* places i would suggest you stay at the Moevenpick Resort & Marine Spa in Sousse. You will not be disappointed. The building is very new. ENJOY!

West Midlands
Level Contributor
202 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Tunisia

Thank you Darnell. Would anybody recommend the Riu Imperial Marhaba, that appears to get good reviews?!?! x

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,254 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Tunisia

Yes

If its an all inclusive break you are after ,I would suggest you have a look at the top rated ones in the review section.

Of course I could button it down a bit and suggest the ones I know about or stayed at.

It depends on your budget and when you plan to go .Prices vary of course (quality,star rating and time of year)

Most bars are 12/14 hrs AI , some are 24hr.

Les Orangers Hotel I believe do AI round the clock

The Marhaba Hotels are getting good reviews too (we chose the Salem for later in the year)

Good Hunting

Mick

West Midlands
Level Contributor
202 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Tunisia

Thanks Clerryjungle much appreciated. Fairly open budget, more interested in getting a nice quality hotel with nice food and drink x

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,729 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to Tunisia

I stayed at the Riu Palace Hammamet Marhaba in Hammamet, nice hotel, good food, it wasnt 24 hour AI though, i think it ends at 1 or 2am........read my lengthy review.......

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,729 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New to Tunisia

Sorry i keep doing this as there are 2 similar named Riu Hotels both with Marhaba in the name, 1 in Port el Kantoui and the other in Hammamet.............i noticed you posted on the PEK forum so apologies if this is where you want to stay......

West Midlands
Level Contributor
202 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New to Tunisia

Thank you for all your posts.

Many years ago a friend of mine went to tunisia and did and excellent 2 days excursion which included the colosseum, seeing were Star Wars was filmed, riding a camel at sunset in the desert, overnight accommodation, an early start to see the salt waters and a ride on the Kings train. Do you know if such trip or similar exists? Any info would be appreciated as I am about to book my hotel. X

Djerba Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New to Tunisia

That sounds like a great trip! There are a few star wars sites. I think you are thinking of the site close to Tozeur, just north of Nefta. It is an incredible Star Wars site. Lots of big white sand dunes beside it as well. That trip is possible. To make it happen, check out this website. http://www.mosaicnorthafrica.com/index.html ENJOY TUNISIA :)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New to Tunisia

Went to the royal thalassa last year and we are going back again in a couple of weeks, stunning place very relaxing

10. Re: New to Tunisia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations