We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Bungalows

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Bungalows

Hi,

I just wanted to check if anybody has stayed in the bungalows at this hotel. I booked my holiday this morning and was offered a free upgrade to the bungalows but then saw that many of the reviews state that the hotel rooms are much better than the bungalows and so this was actually a downgrade! Now that I've contacted the holiday company to see if I can stay in the main hotel they have said that I will have to pay more for this. I just wanted to check if the bungalows are as bad as people have made out and if it is worth now paying extra to change to the hotel?

Thank you.

Palmyra Beach
Palmyra Beach
#1 of 33 hotels in Port El Kantaoui
STEIGENBERGER Kantaoui Bay
STEIGENBERGER Kantaoui Bay
#2 of 33 hotels in Port El Kantaoui
LTI Bellevue Park
LTI Bellevue Park
#3 of 33 hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Portsmouth...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Bungalows

Hi does anyone know what the bungalows consist of? As in beds in rooms ? Is it just one big room with beds or has the bungalows got 2 bedrooms? Going with my husband and baby, and his mum and dad so don't want to get there are end up sharing one big room !!

Thanks

Macclesfield...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Bungalows

Hello

Do the bungalows have a patio area ? with seats table etc?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Bungalows

didn't stay in bungalow's but heard other people say they had a lot of trouble with cockroaches

ormskirk
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Bungalows

Oh my good god!! Wish i hadnt read the last review, i go at the end of the month & my worst & biggest phobia, even after living abroad - is cockroaches!! Arrrrghhh! Il not sleep now until i get there!! Hahaha! After recent reviews, i think il be upgrading rooms, might even be hotel by the sounds of the last few, sounds a really bad hotel..

Any ideas on what time the bar stops serving, as we wont arrive until midnight(ish) wondering if we can manage to fit a drink in to calm the cockroach nerves!!!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Bungalows

get your drinks on the plane,DONT STAY IN BUNGALOWS

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Bungalows

Sorry to say sandysmum, but when we stayed in the bungalows the first thing I saw in the dark was something moving on the curtains.....about 2-3 inches long as well!! The porter sorted it out by flicking it off and sstanding on it....needless to say with that and the raw sewage smell we moved rooms. After that it was all ok.

Not trying to scare you, but forwarned forearmed as they say.

The bars closed around midnight, but the nightclub is open till about 2, but you will have to pay for drinks.

Oh yes....DO NOT change your money at reception at that time of night, they will rip you off and if you spot it they just say they got the exchange rate wrong. Wait till morning and get money then, they can wait for a tip if you want to.

ormskirk
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Bungalows

Thanks so much for your replies, im definitely intending to change rooms, fingers crossed they wont be fully booked & have spare rooms.

Thanks for the tip on exchanging money, we will leave until the morning.

All weekend Iv been on the hunt for cockroach killer, no luck, but the search will continue, atleast that way, i can kill the evil things if i spot one, but there will be no sleep for me the minute i do spot 1 :/ but yes, you are right, its better to be prepared..

Thanks again

Edited: 1:19 pm, September 15, 2013
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Bungalows

Just buy a can of Raid fly and wasp killer, it kills all manner of insects, mozzies etc, it doesnt say roaches on the can but im pretty darn sure it will stun the begger long enough to wack it on the head? Lol. Nice fragrance too, and couple of sprays last 24 hours. Pack a can in your suitcase, it wont do any harm. But most of all, dont worry, you may not even get any. Ive yet to see one in Tunisia or anywhere ive stayed.

Julie

Edited: 2:09 pm, September 15, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Bungalows

demand a room near reception

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: El Mouradi Club Kantaoui Bungalows

going to this hotel in Nov - can't do cockroaches either, bad enough with ants. My booking says ..

twin room with private bath, WC Balcony, Air condition - so hoping that means I am staying in the hotel

Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations