We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

soviva resort port el kantaoui

Which Port El Kantaoui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
accrington
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
soviva resort port el kantaoui

My husband and myself are going to the soviva resort in port el kantaoui on sept 12th 2012 for an 11 night holiday. We stayed at this hotel in summer 2000 when our kids were young and had a great holiday, but we have become increasingly concerned at the growing number of negative reviews since we booked the holiday several weeks ago. Can anyone re-assure us or should we consider changing hotels, and how easy is it to do this with Thomas Cook?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,175 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: soviva resort port el kantaoui

<Can anyone re-assure us or should we consider changing hotels, and how easy is it to do this with Thomas Cook?>

To be honest with you I would take some reviews with a pinch of salt.

If i told you the hotel was good and the reviews said it was not .

Who would you believe ?

Go and enjoy

Mick

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,175 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: soviva resort port el kantaoui

Its not difficult to change hotels with TC

However, if the alternative (hotel)is more expensive.

You will have to pay balance of course and also may incur admin charges.

They will not "move" you for free ,on the basis of negative reviews on a website!

Edited: 1:10 pm, July 21, 2012
devon
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: soviva resort port el kantaoui

Hi, stayed at the Soviva hotel 17th June for 2 weeks just like yourselves thought of changing but it was quite expensive so took the plunge. I'm not saying all the complaints are unfounded but they are not as bad as some of them states but it certainly didn't spoil our holiday. We had to put into context how much we had paid and personally feel that we had great value for money. Hope this helps.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
815 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: soviva resort port el kantaoui

we are here now,and we wished we had changed,the bad reviews are true ,a queue for a drink is about 20 -25 mins on a night,hotel toilets are a disgrace,food is horrid,alot of people with upset stomachs,i witnessed poo in the kiddies pool we spoke to 3 staff about this the came and looked and did nothing until i saw one of tc entertaiment team sorted it out ,sunbeds are a joke not enough by half and 4.30 its a rush to get one had one one morning came back from breakfast and our towels was on the wall !!!

East Anglia
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: soviva resort port el kantaoui

Oh dear EastHull , As the food is bad are you now eating out all the time ?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
815 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: soviva resort port el kantaoui

don't do brekkie or if I do I have just have fruit juice.the only. thing I eat is chips(don't do chips at home) and veal which is fatty.don't touch anything else and are eating out,one good thing is the staff there brilliant plus the both sets of entertainment staff are really good

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
815 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: soviva resort port el kantaoui

don't do brekkie or if I do I have just have fruit juice.the only. thing I eat is chips(don't do chips at home) and veal which is fatty.don't touch anything else and are eating out,one good thing is the staff there brilliant plus the both sets of entertainment staff are really good

East Anglia
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: soviva resort port el kantaoui

I am not a lover of chips unless served with cheese and gravy !!! I ate alot of chips in my hotel in Tunisia but not coz the food was bad it's just I am quite picky :)

Least it's quite cheap to eat out hey ! :)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
815 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: soviva resort port el kantaoui

certainly cheap to eat out a decent pizza 8 dinar,steak 16 dinar cheap as chips pardon the pun.the bad points outweigh the good points in this hotel this could well be the hotel management fault,I have met some lovely people while out here

Edited: 1:16 pm, July 30, 2012
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: soviva resort port el kantaoui

We travel out next Wednesday 8th August to Soviva.

To say I am nervous is an understatement and it is the first time ever I am actually not looking forward to going on holiday.

Please can anyone advise what it is REALLY like for me, my husband and my two step children of 16 and 13. The reviews are so conflicting although heavily weighted towards "BAD" that I don't know what to believe anymore! I think I am too late to change hotels anyway and will have to just deal with any problems when we get there but it is not the frame of mind I wanted to start my holiday in....expecting the worst! Does anyone know if I am definitely too late to change hotels?

Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations