We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa help!!!!!

London
6 posts
Save Topic
Visa help!!!!!

I am so confused and need your help please! My boyfriend and I are traveling to Tunisia on the 19th August but are unclear on visa requirements. We are both South Africans. Every website/forum I have looked at has advised us to get a visa on arrival in Tunisia. Today, on a whim, I called the embassy in London and was told by a very confused and unfriendly woman that we needed to gain a visa 3 - 4 weeks in advance...

Please can anyone clarify t5his for me?! I would be gutted not to be able to go!

Thank you:)

London
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa help!!!!!

My understanding is South African nationals can obtain visa on arrival that allows upto 30 days stay. Perhaps the woman in embassy meant that if you wanted to obtain it in this country instead, it would take 3 - 4 weeks. I have a friend who has non U.K. passport and I realise how difficult it is to get accurate visa information from any embassy. I would telephone embassy again tomorrow, hoping you may speak to a different person, who will clarify this for you.

London
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa help!!!!!

Thanks very much - have just tried the embassy again and they don't seem to have a clue and I have been told to phone back later when someone else is in! All sites say that South Africans need it on arrival so we may have to take a chance!

Thanks again:)

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa help!!!!!

you dont need a visa for tunisia, on the flight they might give you a card to fill in, this is the the visitors card the same as a visa, it is free and just fill it in, at the passport control they will tear the top off and you keep the bottom as this is the departure part, you hand this part in at the passport check on your way back home, if the flight dont have any you just pick one up at the airport arrivals when you get there.

London
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa help!!!!!

you dont need a visa for tunisia, <<<<<<

Very true for U.K. citizens but the poster is South African origin and does need a visa.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa help!!!!!

Very important that people read the OP properly before posting, as the wrong advise on something as important as this can totally destroy a persons holiday.

From what i have read on here over the months SA nationals need a visa BEFORE they enter the country

TUNISIA
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa help!!!!!

Hi Saffa Traveller,

Welcome to Tunisia,as you have a South African passport you'll need an entry visa to enter to Tunisia.Therefore to avoid you waiting at the airport to get it, you have to ask your Travel Agent in the U.K to send to their Agent in Tunisia:

A photo copy of your passeport and your boy friend's( the first pages )to apply for you an entry visa so you have to provide him with the following informations :

- Your names/ the passport number/the date of issue/expire/the date of your arrival and the lenght of your stay in Tunisia/the name of the airport of arrival in Tunisia ( Tunis-Carthage,Monastir,Djerba etc..)

In that case you only have to provide 4 photos and pay the visa fees to get your visa up on arrival

Have a nice trip , enjoy your holiday in Tunisia.

Ben

7. Re: Visa help!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, February 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations