We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Monastir - Tunisia club Marmara Tropicana

Which Monastir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Monastir - Tunisia club Marmara Tropicana

Please can anyone advise if they have stayed at this hotel. I am travelling with my daughter and partner and have booked a family room. Is the family room two separate rooms? My daughter is eight years old. We are going all inclusive can you advise on spending money for a week? What is the temperature like end of August. Any tips are advise I would be grateful as we have never travelled to Tunisia.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Travelling to Monastir - Tunisia club Marmara Tropicana

I'd give the hotel a good 4-4.5 out of 5. You can buy armbands at shop in hotel, which will probably cost approx 20 dinars so about 7 or 8 pounds. I got bit quite a few times so would take some spray, not sure what bit me though as didn't actually see any Mosquitos. And nothing particular to take really just the usual that you would take on holiday really. Although can be quite breezy on evening and seem chilly so maybe a jumper or cardigan just incase for your child

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,175 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Travelling to Monastir - Tunisia club Marmara Tropicana

If the hotel has a kids club they will get armbands for the wee one.

Floats ? If you mean inflatable lilo, yes you will get them there.

Likely in the shopping centre phil mentioned. Or the hotel shop.

Yes, you may encounter insects. So take repellent .

I don't know what you want to pack

You wont need warm clothing. that's for sure.

On that, take plenty sun products and maybe a hat for the wee one

You may want to pop a bottle of calamine lotion in the bag too for sunburn.

We usually take wee first aid kit

Nothing major

Some germoline, band aids, that kind of thing

And drink plenty fluids.... It will be very hot.

I don't mean fruity shoots ...But water !

Enjoy

Mick

Edited: 11:09 am, June 26, 2014
WALES
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Travelling to Monastir - Tunisia club Marmara Tropicana

Hi can any one help is it cheaper to purchase an extra room before you go or over there we have discovered we only have 1 room and for 11 nights with a 15 year old son all in the same room would just like some space as his mate is also coming with his family and would like a room for the 2 boys thanks and any idea what price thanks

Redruth
Level Contributor
348 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Travelling to Monastir - Tunisia club Marmara Tropicana

When are you going because in high season the hotel may be full already at that time?

Not sure if its cheaper or not to wait until you arrive but if it was me I would be on to whoever you booked with to book an extra room.

If you wait until you get there the hotel could be full and have no other rooms available. Perhaps share the cost of the extra room with your friends as their son will be in it as well?

As for the price - should be the same as your room as it will have the same number of bodies in it for the same length of time.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,175 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Travelling to Monastir - Tunisia club Marmara Tropicana

Jan

I included the hotel website link on this thread at post #10 ;-)

Try contacting the hotel direct by phone or email.

england
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Travelling to Monastir - Tunisia club Marmara Tropicana

Yes contact the hotel direct, they will be able to advise the costs and availability, however something to bear in mind is that the additional room may not be close to the other two booked. Poss a good idea to check with the tour operator to see if more suitable accommodation can be booked this end you dont have to say yes immediately. Just cover your options.

Re Mosquitos many hotels spray and I am a magnet for the little so and sos - I take vitmin B for two weeks before and during the holiday, ensure that I apply insect repellent before leaving the airplane, I usually get bitten most on landing waiting for the transer, I pack some foil wrapped wipes in my hand luggage for this.

I also take a plug in repellent for the room and spray every day from just before sunset all over, also I buy aftersun with the repellent in it. Touch wood this seems to work, but there is always one or two bites.

It will be hot even at the end of August, so drink lots of water most hotels provide at least one litre per day per room sometimes more, if you think you need more go to the little shop by the hotel to stock up.

You will love Tunisia it really is a great place for relaxation and activities.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Travelling to Monastir - Tunisia club Marmara Tropicana

thinking of going in sept. was it in walking distance of any small town etc? or too far?

28. Re: Travelling to Monastir - Tunisia club Marmara Tropicana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 15, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Monastir