We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im goin to sahara beach hotel in sept 1st 2013 a was realy looking forward to it bt the reviews seem to be gettin worse and with me taking my 2 yr old son im lets say a little worried!i dont know what to beive some say holidayfrom hell dirty filth! others say cant way to go back! confusing or what! some one reashure me lol xx

London
Level Contributor
8,199 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot comment about the hotel, amy, as not stayed there. Reading the recent reviews only posted last couple days, they are from people who stayed there last June and August. It begs the question, if hotel so bad, why wait over six months to post review - and after six months the hotel could have put right, whatever the problems were. I wouldnt worry, just go and enjoy yourself.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As well as what W_S says, ignore all the over-the-top stuff, both too good or too bad.

Try and find some reviews from people who've got a track record on TA.

If the hotel is sold by Travel Republic or Booking.com have a look at some reviews on those websites.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we our going back in april for 2 weeks,we wouldnt go at the busy months

if it was that bad we would not have rebooked

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes people write reviews over the hotel we were in at the same time, saying there was nothing to eat for breakfast, while we had fried eggs, pancakes, boiled eggs, ojja, salads, cheese,.... Wonder what them people eat at home then ?

Don't know the hotel you go to but if you go with an open mind and keep realising that you are in Africa i'm sure you will enjoy your holiday.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree maenan,last time we went food was excellent.

super grounds pools etc.

rooms are basic but your not in them 24/7

they are excellent with the children as well.

we were supposed to be on our 3rd trip to the hotel but they cancelled it

Due to the trouble in the past

East Anglia
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was at Chich Khan in October I met about 3 people who were moaning about the hotel and I was shocked at I love the hotel and reviews are normally pretty good , Some people were moaning saying it was not 4star hotels they been to and even compared them to hotels they been to Cuba and stuff which annoyed and complained the TV was not LCD flat screen OMG !!! Moan about food not being hot enough or the beach having to much seaweed theres just some people you will never please !

I did try an explain that 4star in Tunisia might not be up to expectations like in Europe etc and when I told them how little I paid for my holiday and they told me how much they paid they were gutted !

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx guys i will go with an open mind ovcourse and thanx for all the advice an coments :) xxx

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stayed there 5 yrs ago and the reviews were even worse then than they are now, seriously.

I went , enjoyed it very much, could not fault anything at all. It was brilliant.

Go and have a great holiday. Most of the reviews are from people who will find fault with their own shadow im sure of it.

Also most of them are staying there July/August which is very high season, im sure most hotels are full to capacity then and struggle a little, but honestly, go with an open mind, its North Africa not North Devon,lol, and you will love it.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx julie :) x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been twice and am going back at easter for 2 weeks. There is nothing wrong with hotel, we all loved it. The food, beach, pool, entertainment all fine. Only downside i would say is yes the rooms are on the small side and there is nothing to do outside the hotel, you need to get noddy train or a taxi to Monastir or Sousse, Saying that there is plenty going on in hotel. Hope you enjoy it.

Jackie

Get answers to your questions about Monastir
Recent Conversations