We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skanes Thomas Cook Excursions

Norwich, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Skanes Thomas Cook Excursions

Hi,

I'll be staying at the Houda Golf & Beach Hotel for a week from 23rd June 2012. I just wondered whether anyone who has already been has the list of excursions provided by the Thomas Cook rep at the welcome meeting. Previously people have been kind enough to scan them in and provide a link on the forum but I haven't been able to find anything this time around - I just wanted to see what's on offer so I know what kind of budget I'll be looking at.

Also would be grateful to receive any tips/advice on the hotel or Skanes in general. Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skanes Thomas Cook Excursions

Sarah Mac,

All excusions organised by holiday reps are more expensive than if you approach outside organisers direct. Ther are always guys hanging around the hotels flogging excursions and outings and they are open to negotiation. Everything in Tunisia is nogotiable so prepare yourself for some serious haggling.

Skanes area is a bit off the beaten track. There is not much attraction apart for the beatiful beach. The nearest town is Sahline, which very much a typical traditional town. full of sign of the dail Tunisian was of life.

Further a bit, there is the town of Monastir famous for its Ribat tower featured in the Monty Python’s Life of Brain.The town is also known as Bourguiba city, named after Habib Bourguiba regarded as the father of modern Tunisia who was born in there and has a grand museum built in his honour.

Monastir is more touristique that Sahline. But for the a toursity feel you will need to go a bit further south to Sousse. It is very much a holiday resort, but it is also the second and one of the oldest city in Tunisia.

There is a train from Sahline to Sousse. Journey time about 30 minutes.

Cheers

Cas

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Monastir
Monastir
Monastir Governorate, Tunisia
Ribat
Ribat
266 Reviews
Sousse, Tunisia
Sousse
Sousse
Sousse Governorate, Tunisia
2. Re: Skanes Thomas Cook Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Monastir
Recent Conversations