We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cigarettes prices, tunisia

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
364 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
cigarettes prices, tunisia

is it better to buy them at our airports or cheaper to buy them over there,,what sort of price are they,

i dont smoke my self but my grandad has asked me to bring him some home

thanks

stroud
Level Contributor
655 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cigarettes prices, tunisia

Nick,

Hello the brand mostly smoked in Tunisia is called Mars in a red packet and is a Tunisian brand and about 2.500 dinars for 20.

There are some other brands well known brands you can buy and about 5/6 dinars for 20. There are kiosks in most holiday resorts and maybe be able to buy at your hotels shop but a word of warning do not buy from street traders or black bag sellars they are not recommended.

The duty free shop is another place to purchase tobacco and also on board the plane and i have found the purchase on the plane is cheaper. Returning home you will encounter the duty free at the airport and usually have a good stock of brands.

You must also remember the duty free do not take Dinars and the only place you can spend them are in the cafes past passport control so keep a few Dinar back but not a lot it is a closed currency.

I hope you enjoy your time in Tunisia and will be made welcome by the people and enjoy its culture.

Good luck Toby.

Edited: 2:38 pm, August 12, 2011
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
364 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cigarettes prices, tunisia

thanks toby,

we like to go out and sample the locals food and culture at an evening,is it safe to do this in tunisia

Edited: 2:42 pm, August 12, 2011
stroud
Level Contributor
655 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cigarettes prices, tunisia

Nick,

You certainly are safe to go out and enjoy the Tunisian food and culture it is so safe i have been 3 times this year already and return in Sept and visit again in Nov. Where are you staying i perhaps could recommend a nice restaurant to try or make it easier for you to get around the transport is so cheap to use.

Toby.

Edited: 3:00 pm, August 12, 2011
stroud
Level Contributor
655 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cigarettes prices, tunisia

Nick,

You certainly are safe to go out and enjoy the Tunisian food and culture it is so safe i have been 3 times this year already and return in Sept and visit again in Nov. Where are you staying i perhaps could recommend a nice restaurant to try or make it easier for you to get around the transport is so cheap to use.

Toby.

Edited: 3:00 pm, August 12, 2011
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,254 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cigarettes prices, tunisia

Hi nick

I second the advice you have had from Toby

i was in Sousse 3 months ago and although we were "all inclusive" in our hotel, i was out and about most nights Mostly in bars full of Tunisians!

I was made so welcome, i didnt want to leave

The ciggies "Mars" are ok, my wife smokes them, but as Toby, says do not buy from street traders

Enjoy your stay

mick

Edited: 4:52 pm, August 12, 2011
Lee, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cigarettes prices, tunisia

i found the duty free was reasonable 200 l&m,s was 17 euro when i went in July.

Southampton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: cigarettes prices, tunisia

Hi Im also going to Tunisia in August this Year, can you reccomend some good places to see and visit, also whats the rules on hiring cars/ Motorbikes etc as Im 19 but I have been driving nearly 3 years ?

Cheers

Buxton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cigarettes prices, tunisia

How much is 2.500 dinar in GB pounds ?

Hammamet, Tunisia
Destination Expert
for Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cigarettes prices, tunisia

@ stig of T 2.500TD is 1 pound

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,870 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cigarettes prices, tunisia

we have always used the simple way and made 2 dinars to the £1 sterling,you are only out by a bit unless you spend hundreds,

alan

Get answers to your questions about Monastir
Recent Conversations