We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclussive

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
All inclussive

This year i visted the Eden star, knew from the off it wasnt my cup of tea,i normally do bed and breakfast i like to go out and eat what i want to eat and put something someback in the local community,i normally holiday in Turkey and have some knowledge of there language and know quite abit about there history so im not one theses typical english tourist who complain because there no fish and chips......hope a certain person who kind of aimed the last part at me grts to read this

Mentioned in this post
Eden Star Zarzis
Eden Star Zarzis
1,281 Reviews
Zarzis, Tunisia
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclussive

Just to open your mind a bit. All inclusives put back in to the community. Infact they put more in than a local restaurant owned by a family that will only employ family members.

You have mass distribution of alcohol and distilleries, opened up and employing staff. Warehousing, logistics etc. Then the meat suppliers, produce and farmers, all benefiting from All Inclusives . This stretches far and wide and All Inclusives have added more to Tunisia than any restaurant has, by bringing people in to the country like never before. To buy good from local shops etc. Not to mention the Staff employed at the hotel. So do All Inclusives add to the local community?

YES and further afield in so many ways

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclussive

I dont understand what your question is or what you want to discuss.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclussive

Seems like the OP has aimed it at somebody in particular. Dunno what he or she will gain from it, apart from the correct knowledge about All inc from Joe.

Julie

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclussive

As the pros and cons of AI is regularly aired on here, then not much more from me to offer into the discussion.

But the following link from The Guardian has lots of interesting reader comments...

theguardian.com/money/blog/2013/may/17/all-i…

I chose The Guardian as I didn't want to get the Daily Mail thrown back into my visage (lol)!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclussive

Was aimed at a certain person because of a bad review i gave the Eden Star, i love travelling mainly Turkey and i do interact the the staff wherever i go and order and buy somestuff in there language and they love.....as for my issue with all inclusive i really do dislike them, the allclusive hotels are ripping the heart and soul out of communities they are the tesco of the holiday business

Mentioned in this post
Eden Star Zarzis
Eden Star Zarzis
1,281 Reviews
Zarzis, Tunisia
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclussive

Was aimed at a certain person because of a bad review i gave the Eden Star, i love travelling mainly Turkey and i do interact the the staff wherever i go and order and buy somestuff in there language and they love.....as for my issue with all inclusive i really do dislike them, the allclusive hotels are ripping the heart and soul out of communities they are the tesco of the holiday business

Edited: 3:48 pm, August 20, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Eden Star Zarzis
Eden Star Zarzis
1,281 Reviews
Zarzis, Tunisia
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
London
Level Contributor
8,866 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclussive

Tend to agree with you milkman, AI have ripped heart and soul out of communities. Tunisian resorts today bear no resemblance to pre AI days.

As one hotelier told me in Hammamet last year

'we do not want AI, staff do not like AI, we cannot provide good quality food and drink with AI - but tour operators insists on AI and if we didnt provide we would lose the holiday contract'

Afraid its the way of the world milkman.

Mentioned in this post
Hammamet
Hammamet
Nabeul Governorate, Tunisia
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclussive

Some of us do like all inclusive though.

London
Level Contributor
8,866 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclussive

Agree lily but quick search of Thomas Cook who feature 30 - 40 hotels in their holiday programme - only 6 - 7 hotels are not all inclusive. That breaks down to no more than 1 hotel each resort not AI - hardly a choice for holidaymakers.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclussive

Went back to Thomas Cook to complain about being missold a holiday and got £200 in vouchers off our next holiday or cheque for £150.....sorry we took 150 because i will not book through them again

Get answers to your questions about Zarzis
Recent Conversations