We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
money

hi can anybody help, its my first time going to tunisia, i didnt realize that you had to exchange money at the airport?? or is it better to do it at hotel, or can you ?? lol, also, are you expected to tip after every meal and drink or just at the start, or end??, thanks in advance if you can enlighten me

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money

Personal choice with both.

Change your money at airport or hotel.

Change little amounts at a time. Say around £30 to start off, ask for change in it too so you can tip the porters and/or bus driver or other driver taking you to your hotel. Ive given porters who take your case from you at the airport to the bus a quid or two, they have always been ok with that, then change my other money into Dinars at my hotel.

Tipping is a personal preference, i do it, couple of Dinar a day for maids, barmen etc but usually 5 dinar on first night to our evening meal waiter then a couple everynight and another 5/10 on last night. Couple Dinar to our breakfast waiter every morn. Sunbed guy, 5 first day the couple everday after.

Its up to you.

Julie

Edited: 8:03 am, September 18, 2013
Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money

cheers, thanks for the reply

vanessa x

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money

Thats ok Vanessa, anything else you need to know dont be afraid to ask, altho ive only gone thru Hammamet and not stayed there but dont be afraid to ask anyhow, plenty of lovely peeps here to help you

Julie x

4. Re: money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 20, 2014