We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money for trips? taking £300 is that enough?

Ashford Kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Money for trips? taking £300 is that enough?

During our 7 night stay, we want to do the following:

jet skiing.

quad biking. ( is this done in the sahara desert or in woods? )

horse riding along the beach.

eating once in the chinese resturant ( staying at sentido phenicia )

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money for trips? taking £300 is that enough?

The only trip for Sahara would be the 2 day one with Thomson etc. ordinary quad rides booked at your hotel won't be done in the Sahara, tooooo far south. It's on some sort of dusty type place but not the Sahara. Lol. As for money , I would think it would be enough, always take a debit card as back up. Plenty of ATMs around. Don't change all your money at once tho, few quid at a time, £30 to start. Most of the trips you mentioned are more than likely at your hotel and on the hotel beach, I would say you have more than enough money.

Edited: 6:51 am, June 13, 2013
Ashford Kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Money for trips? taking £300 is that enough?

i know all the trips i said about are at the hotel. gutted about the quad biking tho. would of been sumthing if it was on the sahara but ok thats fair enough. yeah of course only chage up little at a time as i dont want to be changing to much up and then have to change it back with really actually wouldnt be to much of a problem. when we do change up our money to TND, it will all be notes so how would we go about getting change for tipping ?

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money for trips? taking £300 is that enough?

You will be able to get lots of change at the exchange desk at your hotel I'm sure , I've never found it a problem the times I have been to Tunisia. Also, shops are cheap so even handing over a note you will get small change, even the millimes will come in handy for tipping.

Ashford Kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Money for trips? taking £300 is that enough?

thats great news :) thank you so much ! :)

5. Re: Money for trips? taking £300 is that enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations