We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Promenade all the way to Hammamet?

UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Promenade all the way to Hammamet?

Hi

Is it possible to walk along the beach all the way into Hammamet from near Sinbad? And is there a paved promenade all the way along?

Also, are there enough people around the beach area at night to make it feasible / safe to walk into Hammamet that way for an evening meal?

Pretty sure it will be a taxi home after a nice meal & a few drinks!

Any suggestions for eating places with Tunisian food that is not catering just for tourists would be welcome too. When I was in Turkey, I found the best food was in the places the locals ate.......

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Promenade all the way to Hammamet?

No paved road promenade as such. But walking along the beach from Sinbad to Hammet is possible. If you are a a solo female (or even a male) I would not recommend you do that walk at nightime. There are always some sleazy characters on the prowl mistaknely assuming that you are after "some fun on beach" if you know what I mean.

As for restaurants for Tunisian food there is Berber in town centre or Mashawe adjointed to the Safir hotel. I am sure they are many more especailly along paved promenade of the Hammamet Marina.

Cheers

Cas

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Promenade all the way to Hammamet?

there's also sleazy character's prowling the beach during day light hour's after your money,

alan

Wiltshire
Destination Expert
for Sousse, Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Promenade all the way to Hammamet?

Do not walk on the beach in the evenings.Take a taxi into town to be safe

Edited: 4:53 pm, June 07, 2013
London
Level Contributor
8,194 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Promenade all the way to Hammamet?

The road from Sinbad twists round a bit and pavement very narrow in places so not ideal to walk.

In town you can try Anchor restaurant - courtyard setting and behind Medina and cemetary. Pecheur is small seafood restaurant in town. Anyone will advise directions.

Although Hammamet is safe there are lots reports of attempted bag snatching, which seems to be most common crime. Best to carry little as possible and always have any shoulder bag away from street side.

London
Level Contributor
8,194 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Promenade all the way to Hammamet?

Just to clarify UK - the restaurant, I suggested is called Chez Achour as opposed to nearby coffee shop called Sidi Achour - would hate you go to latter for evening meal.

Edited: 1:14 pm, June 08, 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Promenade all the way to Hammamet?

We had a few times a very nice lunch in a restaurant on a little square across the medina, where that big german bar is. The restaurant is next to it. have no idea of the name, sorry.

No posh place with tableclothes and so... but we enjoyed the fish and chicken and couscous we had there lots.

Hammamet, Tunisia
Destination Expert
for Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Promenade all the way to Hammamet?

meanan are you talking about the place on the left from the german bar, as if your coming from the madina, next to that you have the carpets and odd items, apart from that i really can't think where you mean

8. Re: Promenade all the way to Hammamet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 10, 2014