We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

injections for tunisia?

holiday
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
injections for tunisia?

due to go phenicia in 9 weeks and counting wer not sure if we need any injections before we go some one said we did but im not sure thanks for any info x

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: injections for tunisia?

Ask the doctor or nurse at your medical centre., Aiden

No one here knows your medical circumstances.

9 weeks ? I would consult them as soon as possible .

Regards

Mick

Edited: 4:17 pm, March 26, 2013
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: injections for tunisia?

As mick says, contact ur own gp practice and arrange to see the travel health advisor. There are reccomended vaccines and advice. Its a busy time for travel health so dont put off.

PS never go entirely on what u read online when it comes to ur health. Make that appt.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: injections for tunisia?

Yes Indeed Lily

For the first time ever (as an adult) I got "jabs" 2 weeks ago,

(upcoming trip to Turkey)

However, it involved a consultation with the "travel nurse" at my local Med. centre, checking my medical notes etc., before deciding what was advisable giving my particular health at present .

So yes folks.........

Consult the Experts ! Not the forums !

Edited: 5:25 pm, March 26, 2013
Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: injections for tunisia?

im going at end of may, im getting injections tomorrow im not sure which yet, i had to fill a form in about were im going and how long for, and then book a appointment with a nurse and she will give you you boosters if you need any, all doctors will be diffrent so i would phone yours asap, also if you get ill on hoilday and you havnt had ur injections iv seen a few ppl say ur insurance could be void..

happy holidays

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: injections for tunisia?

Ask your doctor and insurance company

UK
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: injections for tunisia?

There are no compulsory injections but some are advised - boosters for the standard polio and tetanus as well as Hepatitis A and typhoid.

Your GP should be able to provide these as well as any other travel advice.

See the following website for good healthy travel advice:

http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/home.aspx

Enjoy!

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: injections for tunisia?

We have all had our injections my little lad had his hepatitis jab, i had hepatitis and typhoid and my boyfriend had hepatitis typhoid and tetnus. Its best to see you health visitor you could be due for jabs anyway so as they say ur killin 2 birds with one stone.. if u dont like ur jabs like me just think ur gettin a hoilday :))

8. Re: injections for tunisia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations