We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Immunisations?

Which Hammamet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Topic
Immunisations?

Hi, my partner & I are going to Tunisia for our honeymoon in July, and we wondered wether we needed any immunisations?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Immunisations?

go and see your doctor who will give you all the latest advice , don't listen to anyone who says you don't need any >> rubbish , your travel insurance will not be valid if you choose not to have them , hope you have a lovely time .:)

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Immunisations?

As already advised go to see your gp asap. Jabs are not compulsory but are advisable. Most of those that are advisable you should already be covered for - polio, tetnus and typhoid but you more then likely need the Hep A. Dont forget dont drink the water and peel fruit. The salads and ice in the hotels are fine as bottled water is usually used

York
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Immunisations?

The NHS advise Hepetatis-A, and the usual travel list of Tetanus, Polio, Typhoid; with Diptheria "recommended". They are usually parts of multi-mix, so they aren't all individual...

They are said to need minimum of 2 weeks in-advance to give best protection, but any protection is better than none.

Most last 10-years between Boosters.

Typhoid is only 3-year, but can still be part of a multi. The Hepetitis-A first will last only 6-months, then 10-years between Boosters.

Our GP preferred warning a month in advance, so they could log on to NHS-Travalax and check their stocks in advance.

The UK NHS Travel Advice site is now:-

http://www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk/Home.html

Oxford, England
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Immunisations?

You will need jabs for:

Hepatitis

Polio

Tpyhoid

And thats it I think.

I'm going there in just under 2 weeks and I have needed jabs for all the above. Call your doctor though and they are normally very helpful and will be able to tell you what you need asap.

Hope that helps!

Gemma

5. Re: Immunisations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet