We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hammamet to Gammarth

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hammamet to Gammarth

Hey,

Going to be doing some charity work for a day in Gammarth, my apartment will be in the Hammamet area

Any idea on how I could get there?

Transport Ideas

One large suitcase full of donated goods!

Thanks alot :)

Wiltshire
Destination Expert
for Sousse, Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hammamet to Gammarth

From Hammamet take the small train to Bit Bou Regba(or taxi)get the mainline train to Tunis then ask for the metro train outside to go to your final destination

Edited: 2:54 am, January 04, 2013
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hammamet to Gammarth

If you go by train to Tunis it's best to get a taxi to Bir Bou Regba, which is where the mainline trains stop. Hammamet is on a branch line and the trains turn up when they feel like it, and so you might miss your connection. The train from Bir Bou Regba to Tunis takes about an hour.

The main Tunis train station is a fair old hike, albeit on the flat, to Tunis Marine, where you get the metro to La Marsa from. So I'd get a taxi between the two stations, or you could get the tram if you're confident enough.

The metro from Tunis Marine only goes as far as La Marsa, and takes about 40 minutes. Gammarth is a bit further on, so you'll need to organise to be picked up, or get a taxi.

You can also easily get to Tunis by bus, which leave hourly on the half-hour from opposite the Post Office in Hammamet Centre. From Tunis (south) bus station you'll definitely need a taxi to Tunis Marine metro station.

Buses back to Hammamet from Tunis (south) leave hourly on the hour. Last one is at 2000 [I think].

Travel by public transport is very cheap.

3. Re: Hammamet to Gammarth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, January 07, 2014