We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Which Hammamet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping

Is there a lot of fake designer stuff for sale in Hammamet? If so is it good quality and cheap?

Thanks

1. Re: Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:13 am, November 01, 2012
east sussex
Level Contributor
199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

There's alot of it for sale in the Medina but the quality varies. The prices are good as long as you haggle hard. I didn't find many women's clothes which I'd actually wear but there's loads of bags :))

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping

Hi. Im not to sure about hammamet itself but in yasmine hammamet which is short distance away there are some nice shops. Joys, is a fixed price shop with decent quality a decent prices.

The medinas can be cheap if u good at haggling but the quality may be less on some things tho for the cost its as expected.

Mick 0, can i point out how frustrating it is to get a reply like that. I understand u think its helpful and to some people it is. However not everyone has access to a pc (including me which is why i find it frustrating) and only have use of an app on there phone or tablet. The app available for my phone (my current only access to internet) does not give the option to search in the way u suggest.

I understand for the regulars on here its annoying to answer the same questions over and over, and in that case may be best to ignore and let someone else answer?

Sorry if this sounds harsh that isnt my intention but forums are for asking questions to get the most up to date info.

Lilyloo0

UK
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping

In a word - yes. Most of the shops in the Medina in Yasmine Hammamet, on the main streets of Yasmine Hammamet and in Hammamet sell fake designer labeled items - clothes, leather goods, jewellery. The prices are generally cheap but the quality ie very variable. You will feel pressured to make a purchase due to the hard-sell techniques of many vendors. Do take the time to examine the items to check for quality before buying. Also check the size of any item of clothing as the labeled sizes are not always accurate.

Enjoy!

5. Re: Shopping

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Edited: 8:13 am, November 01, 2012
6. Re: Shopping

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping

Phone apps are great however they dont look the same or give info the same way as on a pc.

I asked a question on here when i was new to the forum and was given a reply similar to yours. At the time, being new and just wanting info, all it translated to me was "i know the answer but im not telling you the answer find it yourself but heres a clue" lol And i wasnt the only person to mention this, there was a thread on it about 2 weeks ago, not by me, but it got pulled.

I just think its worth considering that maybe the questions are being asked coz the person cant find the answer.

P.S good advice on the shopping where locals shop. Maybe give that a go when im back.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping

Mick + 1!

Lillyloo0 - A fair proportion of people can't be bothered to do a bit of self-help on these forums. Most questions will receive one, two, maybe three or so answers [opinions]. Whereas using the search facility you can get a wide range of answers, and amongst those answers you might find lots of answers to questions you'd never even thought of asking.

Suggestion - If you ain't got internet access at home, then join your local library - that's what you pay your Council Tax for.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping

I totally understand what ur saying and why your saying it. But not everyone is lazy (some, but not all). For example, my mum can use a computer a little bit and does go on forums but if got a reply saying to type into the search box she wouldnt have a clue what ur talking about. So to people like her that reply is unhelpful. All i suggest is to consider the different possibilities.

I do have internet access at home, wifi on my phone. I dont have a pc or laptop at the min or forseeable future. I work full time daytime hours so dont have time to go to the libraury. But this site i go on my spare time, a hobby if u like.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping

Lillyloo. Mick wrote this to the OP...

<<<May I suggest you type key words in search box above your post.>>>

Have a look at the top of the thread, it's not too difficult to work it out. And if you [anyone] aren't prepared to mess about on these 'toys', then you'll never learn anything further than absolute basics.

Get answers to your questions about Hammamet