We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of going to Tunisa for the 1st time

Southampton
Level Contributor
96 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking of going to Tunisa for the 1st time

My husband and I are thinking of going to Tunisa for the first time next June. We are in our late 40s with no children, we have been going to Turkey for several years but are looking for somewhere different. We are trying to avoid too many kids and not been tied to eating in the hotel in the evening so are looking at the Hotel Les Citronniers in Hammamet which is small & B/B only. We have looked at the reviews but wanted to check if there are plenty of places to eat in the evenings, if so is it safe to walk around on our own. We have talked to a few people who've been there before and have had very mixed reviews - a number saying don't go because of all the hassle you get. Also my husband likes to have a drink in the evening - just lager I assume this is easily available even though its a muslim country. Any advise would be appreicated.

TUNISIA
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of going to Tunisa for the 1st time

Good evening Georgiegirl7..

First off let me welcome you and your husband in Tunisia (Hammamet).I hope that your vacantion and your first visit to Tunisia will be beyond your expectations or at least meet your demands.

I'm a Tunisian,I'm a professional travel guide and tourism advisor.

I know the hotel you choosed for your holidays next June.Here is it's web site to have a virtual visit.

http://hotellescitronniers.com

This 60 rooms 2* hotel is located near other hotels such as The Miramar,Hammamet hotel,the Fourati,and les orangers,les orangers beach.

Beside the hotel i just mentioned,you also have several bars and restaurants and other hotel in a walking distance.You don't have to worry,Tunisia is safe and may be safer than other countries,people are friendly.Well if it happen that a guy is trying to sell you something or propose a service,though that you're in a tourist resort,if you don't like, just tell him thank you,he will go away.

As it's your first visit,may I suggest you a virtual visit to the following web sites,just to have an idea about the destination of your next vacations.

http://www.cometotunisia.co.uk

yasmine-hammamet.com.tn/anglais/welcome.html

Answering your other question about keeping the room as you'll have a late flight.

Wait until you get there, and check that possibility with the reception.Normally you have to leave the room a round 12:00/01:00 P.M.

If the hotel is not full you may ask for a day use.

Have a nice stay.Please be free to contact me if I can be for any help or additional tip.

Ben

Bradford
Level Contributor
327 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of going to Tunisa for the 1st time

Hi georgiegirl, we love Tunisia and I'd definitely recommend it. It's very safe to walk around on your own, I've never felt threatened in any way. You do get hassled a lot by shopkeepers wanting you to buy stuff but you just have to say no! Lager is easily availabe, no probs at all

Vikki x

peterborough
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking of going to Tunisa for the 1st time

hello georgiegirl7 we have just come back from mammamet 3 weeks ago. 1st time i loved everything about it.35 degrees that was oct. we come home with a depresstion big time ,so i went into thomas cooks and booked up for next year sept. have a look at my reveiw and also my pics regards mille xxxxxxxxxx

peterborough
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking of going to Tunisa for the 1st time

sorry pressed the the wrong button should have have read HAMMAMET millie xxx

Southampton
Level Contributor
96 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thinking of going to Tunisa for the 1st time

Dear All

Thanks for all the replies - feeling much better now about booking - hoping to do it this week.

6. Re: Thinking of going to Tunisa for the 1st time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, October 14, 2009