We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in hammamet

Liverpool, United...
13 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in hammamet

Me and my girlfriend r going to Hammamet for 2 weeks in september and im just wondering what there is to do there.from the brochures i have read havent really give me much information on things to do.Wat are the beaches like?I would aprreciate any help greatly

thanks

Croatia
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in hammamet

Hi,

i was there in June and to tell you the truth in Hammamet other than sightseeing, shopping - not much to do. Hotel offers folklore night that is interesting - fakirs, snakes, belly dancers..

I can reccomend Nabeul as city of ceramics 8 km from Hammamet- if you are into that find of "fun".

I was also told that Sousse offers more things to do at night than Hammamet - but didnt check.

But if you really want to experience Tunisia and Africa for that matter you must go to safari into Sahara. Every travel agency offers that. it is for 2 days and you get to ride camels, drive with jeeps through desert, see beduin houses...etc.

You will be staying in a different hotel for one night and to the Sahara we took busses.

And since you will be going in September i expect it will not be as hot as did in June.

have fun!

Croatia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in hammamet

Sorry i forget to tell you about the beaches...

As i am coming from Croatia and we have the most beautiful sea and the beaches :) i wasnt thrilled by their beaches. Sandy, yes but dirty. I did not go to swim in the sea - it wasnt that appealing.

We stayed at our hotel pools. They were fantastic.

But i believe that on the beaches they have paragliding, scooters, horses to ride etc.

hope it helps

uk
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in hammamet

Hi Sergio,

Depends on what hotel you're staying at as they tend to look after their own part of the beach. Having said that, I found the beach to be fantastic. It wasn't dirty at all when I was there, the sea was great for swimming and there were regular police patrols up and down the beach so you always felt safe leaving your sunbed when you went for a swim.

As for what to do, there are boat trips around the bay and some watersports on offer. Your hotel will have a list plenty of excursions (would recommend the trip to El Jem). Nightlife is mainly hotel based but Hammamet has some lively bars if you want them - take a taxi, won't cost much. Don't forget a trip to the medina too.

I agree with you that the brochures didn't give too much away, but I'm sure that you will have a good time. Trips into the sahara take a few days so you've done the right thing in taking a 2 week break - just take your time and have fun!

Cheers

Neil

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in hammamet

Hi!

It's also very easy to go to Tunis, Carthage or the Bardo Museum.

Just catch a taxi to "Bir Bou Regba-station" where the train to Tunis starts. Travel first class. It's all air conditioned.

Timetable can be found in tunisian newspapers (you'll get them in every hotel shop). An old timetable can be found here: www.fahrplancenter.com/Fahrplan_SNCFT.html (maybe they soon will have a newer one)

Liverpool, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in hammamet

thanks for all your help,greatly appriciated. i was a little worried about going to diffrent cities because this is my first holiday away on my own (without parents) and was worrying about getting back and things like that.I was made up hear about the boat trips from hammamet is there any chance you could give more information about these?like how long were do they go?thanks again for all your help much appreciated

Sergio

uk
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in hammamet

Hi Sergio,

Unfortunatley I didn't do the boat trips that were offered to me by the reps on the beach. They did seem quite popular though - I was offered a 2-3 hour cruise complete with food, disco, etc...not really my sort of thing but good for making frends. I'm sure they do other quieter trips as well (there were loads leaving from Port El Kantoui - maybe a day trip there might be useful?) I saw about two or three boats going round the bay at Hammamet (or should that be ships) that looked like old fashioned galleons - they'd obviously been kitted out with new engines judging by the speed they were going!!

I was also on my own so don't worry too much. Any other questions..just ask.

Cheers

Neil

Halstead/Essex
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do in hammamet

The beeches are fantastic. Just watch out for the pot men. (they wonder the beeches) They do tend to pounce on you to buy there ware.

Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations