We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day in Hamammet help please!

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
256 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
A day in Hamammet help please!

Hi we arre staying in PEK and want to spend a day in Hamammet> we hope to find a market or places to peruse the shops? any ideas tips etc would be great

also does anyone know how much a taxi from PEK is to Hamammet?

thanks

Kat

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,259 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day in Hamammet help please!

my advice, DONT GO to hammamet, not much there except medina in there u are hassled by shopkeepers who jump in front of you and if u dont go in u get sworn at like i did several times, u really wudnt be missing anything if u didnt go

kenya
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A day in Hamammet help please!

not sure how much taxi would cost, but why not get a louage (small bus) cost around 6 dinar per person, hammamet as some great places to shop, not just in the main street but down side streets, not far from the madina is a small outside market, and a big inside market that sells fruit, meat , fish, just a small distance south of hammemt is a small place called barreckah, not much in main street but has some interesting shops in the side streets, or you could travel north and visit nebaul, very interesting place to see and as a great market, all in all hammamet as a lot to offer, a small place but very pretty.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
256 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A day in Hamammet help please!

mm thanks mixed reviews here? we are pretty hardenned people . it doesnt bother me people trying to barter? but just fancied a day there? are there markets (to see a proper taste of Tunisia?) anywhere else, really want to make the camera speak to me????

thanks again

Kat

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
wigan
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A day in Hamammet help please!

nebeul is the pace to go on a friday from about 9.00 am 5 dinars in a taxi from hammamet the market took me 4 hours to go around without completing it .want to see something pretty yasmin hammamet is the place .carthage THEME PARK FOR THE KIDS OPEN ALLDAY UNTIL MIDNIGHT 16 DINARS ADULT 8 DINARS KIDS PASS TO GO IN AND OUT ALL DAY.TAKE PLENTY OF MONEY TO THE MARKET FAB.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
256 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A day in Hamammet help please!

thanks for that one, anywhere nearer to see markets we are staying in PEK?

If not then will have to get there!

thanks

Kat

6. Re: A day in Hamammet help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet