We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dar Khayam

Stranraer, Scotland
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dar Khayam

How far is the water park? is it worth a visit?

Can we exchange sterling travellers cheques at our hotel?

Any other handy tips?

Lucy Tilston

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dar Khayam

heya theres around 20-30 threads on here all titled dar khayam, y not look thru them im sure the answers to all ure questions would be in them

Kent
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dar Khayam

Hi Lucy

We have just come back (8th July) it was our second time at Dar Khayam. As you come out of the Hotel turn right and the water park is about 500m 10 minute walk away. You will be told by your rep not to use it because they want you to go on a water park trip that they have arranged. This will be a coach journey away and the water park they take you to has about 5 differant slides so you will be disapointed.The sister hotel next door has just opened a pool with slides and flumes you will have to pay for your drinks and food next door as it is not part of your all inclusive. The water park down the road has about 17 different slides and flumes and a lazy river. It cost me for the day 72 dinar(£28.80) for a family of 5 and we ate in the park for less than £18.

Their is a place on site that will exchange travellers cheques,but at a charge. I took cash and changed that at no extra cost. Also you cannot take any dinar out of the country when you leave so just change money up as you need it.

i recomend the camel rides with Latif the camel man,it has improved so much since we last went 3 years ago. don't forget to barter and get the best price you can.

If you like ice cream go to the resturant opposite the hotel its the one next to the dirt track. I recomend the banana split(£2.00).

Have a great holiday.

Jim

3. Re: Dar Khayam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, September 05, 2009