We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Tunisia an unsafe place?

Athens
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Is Tunisia an unsafe place?

I was reading through reviews and noticed that a lot of people mentioned the fact that hotel staff guard peoples' belongings on the beach.

Is Tunisia dangerous in other respects too? We are travelling there in a few days, and have no idea what to expect.

kenya
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Tunisia an unsafe place?

tunisia is a very safe place to travel to, in all the years i have been there, i have never in countered any problems no matter what time of day or night it is, and i'm not just talking about the tourist area's, i have traveeled to non tourist areas and been fine, so don't worry you will be very safe

geneva
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Tunisia an unsafe place?

i think one has to watch one's belongings on the beach in most countries and as the previous poster says, tunisia has got to be one of the safest countries in the world when it comes to crime, along with most arab countries as a matter of fact! in that part of the world the potential risk is terrorism but we have that risk in europe and america too , don't we?

so relax and enjoy your trip!

3. Re: Is Tunisia an unsafe place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Gammarth