We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vincci Djerba Resort

Northants, England
2 posts
Save Topic
Vincci Djerba Resort

Going to the above in August with my wife and 2 children, read some good and some bad reveiws about this hotel.

What sort of food can we expect?

Is it really that hard if you can't speak French?

Can the kids go in the sea ok?

Am a bit worried by some of the comments I have read any reassurrance would be nice. As we are looking forward to our holiday

Thanks

Luleå, Sweden
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Vincci Djerba Resort

I spent a week at this hotel in June, and I thought it was a great hotel!

The food at the hotel buffet-reastaurant isn't great, but I always found at least one dish to eat. They always have pasta w one or two sauces, kids will like that at least. Beer, soda, water and wine is free at dinner. The food is not very spicy, but tastes a bit different from what I'm used to, of course. :) Food outside of the hotel is great, cheap and large portions. The pizzas are great!

Breakfast at the hotel is really good, they make fresh pancakes every morning!

The reception staff speaks english, some better than the others, as well as most of the waiters and animation-staff. The cleaners only speaks french. Most of the people in touristic areas speak english, but it definately helps if you know a little french. Taxi drivers don't speak english, but with the help of a little body language and patience you can sort it out. :)

The sea should be OK for the kids, it's clear and doesn't get deep fast. The pool at the hotel is awesome, and there's a kids' pool aswell.

The hotel is a 4 star, but don't expect a european 4 star. The rooms are nice, the garden excellent, but when it comes to hygiene, the tunisian standard is a little lower... :) But if you just go with the flow and accept the different culture, you should have a nice time!

If you'd like some pictures of the hotel and sourroundings, mail me at Xantryiah@hotmail.com.

Hope it helped!

2. Re: Vincci Djerba Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Djerba Island
Recent Conversations
More Djerba Island Topics