We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it too hot without air con in September/October?

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
137 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Is it too hot without air con in September/October?

Hi, just wondered whether anyone who has been to the Sentido or Iberostar in Djerba found it a problem with no air conditioning after mid September, or do the rooms stay fairly cool. As I am a female at that "funny time of life" I do usually prefer to have air con or a ceiling fan if possible!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it too hot without air con in September/October?

You will find the air conditioning in the rooms without problem

Hammamet, Tunisia
Destination Expert
for Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it too hot without air con in September/October?

it really isn't that hot for air con, with temps at night between 18 and 22 degree, not hot enough for air con.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
225 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it too hot without air con in September/October?

We travelled 1st June for 2 weeks and where shocked the day we got there that the air con would not be turned on until 15th!! The day we were going home!! The day times were really really hot, everyday in high 30s but it cools down pretty quick at night, so much so that I would advise you take a light jacket to keep warm. The wind picks up of an evening and can give it quite a chill. Because of this we never once suffered without the air con. Even with hair dryers and straighteners on in the room we were fine.

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it too hot without air con in September/October?

It's a government run thing when it comes to air con , from mid June to Sept usually, I went mid April to 1 May and it was mid to late twenties everyday but you certainly didn't need air con.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
137 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it too hot without air con in September/October?

Thanks everyone for your useful replies, as long as I can get some sleep my hubby will have a decent holiday and won't have to put up with a grouchy wife! Hahaha

6. Re: Is it too hot without air con in September/October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:21 pm, June 30, 2013
Edited: 5:21 pm, June 30, 2013
Europe
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it too hot without air con in September/October?

It depends - when you are used to (mostly dry) warm temperatures and can sleep at 25°-30°, you won't really need it, especially since all hotels and many shops have an A/C and you can always rest there for a while.

However, when you are not used to those temperatures, or when you are not used to a higher humidity (eg. in late autumn/winter with wet winds from the sea), then you would have to look for accomodation with A/C that is, at this time, still running.

8. Re: Is it too hot without air con in September/October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Djerba Island
More Djerba Island Topics