We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash cards

Patrington Haven...
8 posts
Cash cards

Hi I was wondering what is the best way to take money with me and was wondering if anyone had used the preloaded cash cards you can get from the travel agents and how easy it was to use them. I am staying at el Mouradi midoun.

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,733 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Cash cards

we always take cash and use the hotels safety deposit boxes as you are never sure how much you are going to spend,

can you cash any remaining cash left on the card at your bank when you get home, or are you stuck with it,

alan

Edited: 3:25 pm, December 06, 2012
London
Level Contributor
7,976 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Cash cards

Yes if you consider taking a cash card do read all the terms and conditions carefully. I have found there are lots of hidden charges such as loading money onto your account - possible ATM charges - and as Alan mentioned converting money left on your card unless you are very frequent visitor.

I have found best stick to cash and normal debit/credit cards as an emergency back up.

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,733 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Cash cards

cash talks everytime,

alan

4. Re: Cash cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Djerba Island
More Djerba Island Topics