We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good bus/ferry company from Phuket to Koh tao?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Any good bus/ferry company from Phuket to Koh tao?

Hi, my flight arrive Phuket late night, so I am planning to stay overnight in the airport hotel and go to the town center and take a bus then ferry to kotao for a diving trip. Heard some thief happened on this route, any one has a recommendation for a reliable bus company? Thanks

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,845 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good bus/ferry company from Phuket to Koh tao?

You may be best to ask in the Koh Samui Forum, Koh Tao is near there. You may not have to travel to Phuket Town to catch a bus, it could be arranged to be picked up at your hotel, and minibussed to a Bus Stop on the main route.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,582 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good bus/ferry company from Phuket to Koh tao?

Hi,

One option is Lomprayah:

http://www.lomprayah.com/surat/surat.html

However, you will need to contact them to find out where their office is in Phuket.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,069 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good bus/ferry company from Phuket to Koh tao?

I agree that Lomprayah are one of the better ones. I know Panthip do this trip, but I've heard of numerous thefts and people being mucked about. A thief can only still what's made available to him/her, so keep ALL your valuables with you, electronics, money etc and only put clothing in the hold under the bus.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good bus/ferry company from Phuket to Koh tao?

Thanks for your suggestion, the reason i have to go to the town is i need to change money.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good bus/ferry company from Phuket to Koh tao?

Thanks for your recommendation, another friend also recommended this company. Seems good. Can;t find their office address in Phuket, but i can ring them to find out. Thanks again

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,731 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good bus/ferry company from Phuket to Koh tao?

Banks everywhere, no reason to go into town for that.

Oh, and the diving in the Andaman Sea, so ao from Phuket, is much nicer than from Koh Tao, so you'd better stay here :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good bus/ferry company from Phuket to Koh tao?

I was about to put another question to ask about diving, thanks for the info!

I am planing to do my rescue diver course this time in Thailand, someone recommended Kotao, so that;s why...it does seems to be long way away....Any nice dive site and dive school to recommend please

8. Re: Any good bus/ferry company from Phuket to Koh tao?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, May 03, 2014