We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday Celebration Function

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday Celebration Function

In August 2012 I will turn 50 and to celebrate have decided to have a group holiday in Phuket. There will be approx 50 - 60 family and friends staying in the Thalang / Surin Beach area and I am currently looking for a nice venue for the actual birthday celebration dinner. I’m thinking sunset cocktails and Thai gourmet buffet dinner. Can anyone recommend a restaurant that they feel would be suitable?

Thanks

Rob

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday Celebration Function

Taste or Catch in Surin Beach would be my two recommendadtions. Taste is a little up market - the food is very nice, although I think the owners are on themselves (check reviews on TA, he answers them all) - however its not directly on the beach, there'sa second restaurant between it and the ocean. Im not sure what that other ne is called, but it wa an Austrian restuarnt and you would vcertinaly get dinner cocktials there too, and be directly on the ocean

Catch is associated with the 5 star Twin Palms resort behind it, I know people who aren't guests of the hotel can eat and drink there but not sure what they might want to do about a group of your size. It is directly on the beach however, and sunset cocktails there would be lovely. Would be happy to send you some pics if this would be helpful.

You can access Taste and Catch's menu's on line as well. Happy Birthday!

Patong
Level Contributor
479 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday Celebration Function

Also look at Bliss Beach Club great food and reasonable priced. I organise weddings at that venue, they have a private bar which you can use organise a Professional Photographer for those memorable shots.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday Celebration Function

Also, if you feel like going further down south to celebrate check out Mom Tris Villa Royale at www.villaroyalephuket.com

Have a great 50th!

4. Re: Birthday Celebration Function

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, January 30, 2013